د غزني هوايي ډګر
|Elevation AMSL||7,126 ft / 2,172 m|
Ghazni Airport (Pashto: د غزني هوايي ډګر; IATA: GZI, ICAO: OAGN) is located in Ghazni, Afghanistan, next to the main Ghazni-Kandahar Highway. It serves the population of Ghazni and other nearby Afghan provinces. The airport is mainly used for civilian flights and is still being developed as of late 2013.
It was formerly a military airfield until the Afghan government recently decided to turn it into an international airport. It currently has one runway designated 15/33 with a length of 1,000 feet (305 m).
The government plans to add two runways in the near future. The overall project is expected to be completed in 2014. The first phase of the project was inaugurated in late December 2013 after a smaller private aircraft landed at the runway of Ghazni Airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Ufaq Sharq Airlines||Kabul|
- "IATA Airport Code Search (GZI: Ghazni)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Ghazni (OAGN)". Afghanistan Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Airport information for Ghazni, Afghanistan (OAGN / GZI) at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport record for Ghazni Airport at Landings.com. Retrieved 1 August 2013
- Maftoon, Saifullah (28 December 2013). "$7m Ghazni civil airport inaugurated". Pajhwok Afghan News. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- Maftoon, Saifullah (2 July 2013). "Work on Ghazni airport launched". Pajhwok Afghan News. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website http://www.afhra.af.mil/.
- Accident history for GZI at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport record for Ghazni Airport at Landings.com
|This article about an Afghan airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Afghanistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|