This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||16 December 1955|
|Term||Advisor to Sindh Chief Minister, 1992-93|
Golam Mujtaba (Urdu: غلام مجتبی) (born on 16 December 1955 in Karachi, Pakistan) is a Pakistani American politician. He served as Provincial Advisor Sindh, Pakistan (1992–94). He was the leader of the coalition party to the Sindh Government from 1992 to 1994. Dr. Mujtaba was also a student activist (1976–78). He was elected General Secretary of the Karachi University Students Union in 1976, and served as a member of the University Senate and Syndicate in 1976–78.
Dr. Mujtaba's father, Late Gholam Mustafa of Patna Bihar, was from Calcutta University and the General Secretary of the Muslim Students Association Calcutta chapter in the Pakistan independence movement. Mrs. Kulsum Mujtaba was the niece of the Founding Prime Minister of Pakistan, the late Liaqat Ali Khan. Her father, the late Dr. Abdul Majeed Khan Rao, had a medical practice in Karachi. She died of cancer in the early part of September 2016. 
Dr. Mujtaba was awarded Doctorate in Education by the Argosy University in 2016. Received Doctorate in Medicine by the American International School of Medicine in 2004. Awarded Master of Science in Pharmacology by the King's College University of London in 1987.[circular reference] Completed Bachelor of Pharmacy from the Faculty of Pharmacy University of Karachi in 1978. Received his early education at Airport Model School Karachi, Rajshahi Cadet College, Modern Standard High School Lahore and Jamia Millia College Karachi.
Dr. Mujtaba is the author of Doctoral dissertation on "The Perception of Pro United States Pakistanis on the Styles of Civilian and Military Leadership" approved by the Graduate Faculty of Argosy University in November 2016
Dr. Mujtaba authored his first book, Waqiya-e-Meraj in relevance to contemporary science. The book discusses Islamic history of the past fourteen hundred years, where an author has presented evidence in congruence to the present-day science to manifest the journey of Al-Isra Wal Meraj, a physical actuality.
He has authored two other books in 2018, one on Haj & Umra, and the other titled as The Political Ecology of Pakistan
Present positions held
- Advisor on South Asia to the Ranking Member of the United States Congress, Michael McCaul (informal position bearing no real significance)
- Chairman, Pakistan Policy Institute, USA.
Political career (past)
- Dr. Gholam Mujtaba was the Central Vice President of the All Pakistan Muslim League.
- Member President’s Victory Team, Republican Party USA (2000–08)
- Advisor to Chief Minister Sindh, Pakistan (1993)
- Chief Organizer, National Peoples Party Overseas. (1988–92)
- President Pharmacy Teachers Association of Pakistan (1987–88)
- General Secretary Karachi University Students Union (1976–78)
- Member Karachi University Syndicate & Senate (1976–78)
- Chairman Literary & Debating Society Karachi University Students Union (1975)
- Faculty Representative Karachi University Students Union (1975)
Professor Mujtaba was the leader of the coalition party to the Sindh Government enjoying the majority support of the Members of the Provincial Assembly. Though lost elections in 1993 to the largest constituency of the National Assembly of Pakistan, he remained the key cabinet Advisor to the Sindh Chief Minister and was successful in averting sectarian and ethnic violence, and containing crime in the province.
He was a close associate of the former President Pervez Musharraf during his last days in power. He succeeded in striking a deal with the then opposition, but failed to dispense the covert under wrap. However, later he developed differences with the former President of Pakistan on issues related to an ethnic party of Karachi, Dr. Mujtaba resigned from the President's party, the All Pakistan Muslim League.
Notes and references
- Archives: Government of Sindh gazette notification 1992,.
- Archives: Pakistani newspapers news reports, the Daily Dawn,, the Daily Jang,, the News:1992-94, 
- Mujtaba, G; Botting, JH (1987). "The effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on perfused mesenteric arterial bed". Pakistan Journal of Pharmacology. 4 (2): 39–47. ISSN 0255-7088.
- "Dr. Gholam Mujtaba".
- "Dr. Gholam Mujtaba Publishes Doctoral Dissertation on Pakistani Leadership".
- "Dr. Gholam Mujtaba".
- List of King's College London alumni
- "People lists on Ranker".
- [Mujtaba, G; Botting, JH (1987). "The effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on perfused mesenteric arterial bed". Pakistan Journal of Pharmacology. 4 (2): 39–47. ISSN 0255-7088/]
- [Author(s): Mujtaba, Gholam; Botting, J.H. Journal Title:Fifth South Asian Regional Conference on Pharmacology, Beijing, China:Year 1988, Pages O-41 /]
- "Waqia -e- Meraj".
- "Book on 'Haj & Umra' published".
- Video on YouTube.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 April 2011. Retrieved 12 March 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Video on YouTube
- Video on YouTube