Gholamhossein Mohammadnia is a former member of the nuclear talks negotiations team. He was Iran's ambassador to Albania from August, 2016, until December, 2018, when he was expelled from the country for "damaging its national security.”
Some media reports see his expulsion in connection with a failed terrorist plot against the Israeli soccer team in Tirana, back in 2016, while others link it to an overall escalation of tensions between the countries, since Albania took in about 3000 members of the banned Iranian opposition group.
- "عضو تیم مذاکره کننده هسته ای سفیر ایران در آلبانی شد". خبرگزاری مهر | اخبار ایران و جهان | Mehr News Agency (in Persian). 2016-08-28. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Albania expels Iranian diplomats for 'damaging' its national security". Reuters. 2018-12-19. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Albania Expels Two Iranian Diplomats For Allegedly 'Harming' National Security". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Albania expels Iranian agents for plotting attacks against Israelis - Middle East - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Welle (www.dw.com), Deutsche. "US praises Albania for expelling Iranian ambassador | DW | 20.12.2018". DW.COM. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
|This Iranian diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|