Ghost (Fefe Dobson song)
|Single by Fefe Dobson|
|from the album Joy|
|Released||June 21, 2010|
(Los Angeles, CA; United States)
|Label||21 Music, Island|
|Writer(s)||Kara DioGuardi, Fefe Dobson,
J. Kasher, Kevin Rudolf
|Fefe Dobson singles chronology|
"Ghost" is a song by Canadian singer–songwriter Fefe Dobson from her second (released) studio album, Joy. It was produced by Kevin Rudolf, and co-written by Dobson, Rudolf, Kara DioGuardi and J. Kasher. The song officially impacted mainstream radio on May 11, 2010 and was released as a single on June 21, 2010 by 21 Music and Island Records. The song has achieved success in Canada, in sales and airplay, attaining the peak position of #14 on the Canadian Hot 100. "Ghost" appears on the MuchDance 2011 compilation that was released on November 2, 2010.
The song has charted on the Canadian Hot 100, debuting at #98 on the issue dated June 19, 2010. The song peaked at #14 first attained on the chart for the week of August 21, 2010 due to high airplay and digital downloads. It was Fefe Dobson's first single on the Canadian AC charts of Mediabase & Nielsen BDS.
The video starts off with Dobson leaving the club while her song "Watch Me Move" is playing. Her face suddenly goes blank as she discovers her significant other kissing another girl in the back of a red Dodge Challenger. The songs starts as she peers through the open window. She is then seen dancing around the Challenger in black and white leather outfits. It also shows her boyfriend dreaming many hallucinations where he thinks Dobson is there, but she really isn't. When the second verse starts, he wakes up. There are shots of him aggressively playing the drums and his new girlfriend trying to comfort him as he gives her the cold shoulder. There are also scenes where Dobson is seen dancing on and around a bare bed in an abandoned building. During the second chorus, the boyfriend is shown secretly looking at pictures of him and Dobson, and neglecting a dinner his new girlfriend made for him but instead wandering the street. He hallucinates again and sees Dobson in the Challenger while they are making-out in the back, explaining that she caught him. During the breakdown of the song, he starts scratching his arm and a tattoo with Dobson singing appears, with the words "I Haunt You In Every Dream" underneath. He wakes up realizes it was just a dream, and tries to fall back asleep, only to find Dobson is sleeping next to him. When he looks back it is his girlfriend again, but now Dobson is dancing upside down from the ceiling, but then she disappears. The video ends as Dobson sets the mattress on fire, and his girlfriend leaves angrily because she found the pictures of Dobson hiding in his dresser.
- Songwriting – F. Dobson, K. Rudolf, K. DioGuardi, J. Kasher
- Production – Kevin Rudolf
- Mixing – Serban Ghenea
- Mix engineer – John Hanes (Assisted by Tim Roberts)
- Instruments (except Drums) – Kevin Rudolf
- Drums – Dorian Crozier
- Vocal arrangement – Kara DioGuardi
Charts and certifications
|Canada||June 21, 2010||Digital download||21 Music/Island Records|
|United States||July 6, 2010|
- "Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Much Dance 2011 - Various Artists". iTunes.apple.com (Canada). 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Ghost - Fefe Dobson Song Information". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- Fefe Dobson's "Ghost" music video on VEVO
- "Fefe Dobson: Fefe's Notes - The Complete Lyrics for Joy". BestFan. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Fefe Dobson – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Fefe Dobson.
- "Ghost - Single by Fefe Dobson". iTunes.apple.com (Canada). 2010-06-21. Archived from the original on 2012-11-10. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Ghost - Single by Fefe Dobson". iTunes.apple.com (US). 2010-07-06. Archived from the original on 2010-07-24. Retrieved 2010-08-26.