Ghosts and Vodka
|Ghosts and Vodka|
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Genres||Math rock, instrumental rock, post-rock|
|Labels||Hefty Records, Sixgunlover Records|
|Associated acts||Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Make Believe, Owls, American Heritage, Tongues, Tetsuo, An Automotive, People Dick, Noyes|
The band formed after Bocek and Zurick met Villareal and Shellhamer at a Sky Corvair reunion show in 1998. Bocek and Zurick were both members of Joan of Arc at the time, but quit when the four formed Ghosts and Vodka (Zurick would return to Joan of Arc several years later). Ghosts and Vodka continued to play until 2001 when Villareal and Zurick opted to concentrate on Owls, which saw them reuniting with their ex-Cap'n Jazz bandmates Mike and Tim Kinsella. In 2003, the Sixgunlover label compiled the group's full anthology onto one CD.
In March 2009, the band put a blog up on their MySpace page with news of their first practice in 8 years, but later that year announced that they were not continuing in the near future.
- Victor Villareal (guitars) - Formerly of Cap'n Jazz, later in Owls.
- Sam Zurick (guitars) - Formerly of Cap'n Jazz, later in Owls, currently in Joan of Arc and Make Believe.
- Erik Bocek (bass) - Formerly of both Tetsuo and Joan of Arc.
- Scott Shellhamer (drums) - Formerly of Tetsuo, currently in American Heritage.
- Memento Mori 7" EP (Hefty Records, 1998)
- Precious Blood CD (Sixgunlover Records, 2001)
- Addicts and Drunks CD (Sixgunlover Records, 2003)
- "Joan of Arc Presents Don't Mind Control" V/A (Polyvinyl Records, 2010
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|