|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Occupation||Author, scholar, journalist|
|Employer||School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London|
Murshid was previously a professor of Bengali literature at the University of Rajshahi and a radio journalist with the British Broadcasting Corporation in London. He also held teaching and research positions with Bangladesh Agricultural University and University of Melbourne. He is currently a research associate with the department of the language and culture of South Asia at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and an occasional commentator for Voice of America.
Murshid is a scholar on the literature, history, culture and society of Bengal. He has authored over 20 books on a variety of subjects, including Women Studies, Bengali Language and Literature, and Socio-cultural History of Bengal.
- Lured by Hope
- The Heart of the Rebel Poet
- The Reluctant Debutante
- Kalantare Bangla Gadya
- Bibartanmulak Bangla Abhidhan
- Kalapanir Hatchhani: Bilete Bangalir Itihas
- Muktijuddha O Tarpor: Ekti Nirdolio Itihas
- "পুরস্কারপ্রাপ্তদের তালিকা" [Winners list] (in Bengali). Bangla Academy. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Dr Ghulam Murshid". SOAS, University of London. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
- Amin, Sonia (1996). The world of Muslim women in colonial Bengal, 1876-1939. Brill Academic Publishers. p. 25. ISBN 9004106421.
- "Ghulam Murshid". Open Library. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
|This Bangladeshi biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|