|Occupation||Jean Monnet Chair|
|Board member of||Associate Editor of the European Journal of Government and Economics|
|Awards||Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts|
|Alma mater||London School of Economics and Political Science|
|Thesis||Institutionalised Consensus in Europe's Parliament (2005)|
|Doctoral advisor||Simon Hix|
|Discipline||Political science, Public policy, European studies|
|Institutions||Royal Holloway, University of London|
Giacomo Benedetto FRSA is a British Italian political scientist and holder of a Jean Monnet Chair at Royal Holloway, University of London. Previously he held a lectureship at the University of Manchester. He is an expert in European Union politics, and has researched and published extensively on the European Parliament, Euroscepticism, and the EU budget. He is co-author of the Study on the Potential and Limitations of Reforming the Financing of the EU Budget prepared for the EU's High Level Group on Own Resources, the so-called Monti Group.
He has also been invited to provide oral evidence on Brexit and the EU budget by the House of Lords EU financial affairs sub-committee of the select committee on the European Union, and he is associate editor of the peer-reviewed European Journal of Government and Economics.
He has a PhD and an MSc(Econ) from the London School of Economics and Political Science, and a BA from the University of Sussex. His doctoral thesis (2005), under the supervision of Simon Hix, dealt with Institutionalised Consensus in Europe's Parliament. He is a grandson of Geoffrey Grigson.
- Benedetto, G. (2017), "Power, money and reversion points: The European Union's annual budgets since 2010", Journal of European Public Policy 24(5): 633–652.
- Benedetto, G. (2017), "Institutions and the route to reform of the European Union's budget revenue", Empirica 44(4): 615–633.
- Nuñez Ferrer, J., J. Le Cacheux, G. Benedetto, & M. Saunier (2016), Study on the Potential and Limitations of Reforming the Financing of the EU Budget: Expertise commissioned by the European Commission on behalf of the High Level Group on Own Resources. Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Benedetto, G. (2013), "The EU budget after Lisbon: Rigidity and reduced spending?" Journal of Public Policy 33(3): 345–369.
- Benedetto, G., & S. Milio (eds) (2012), European Union budget reform: institutions, policy and economic crisis. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Giacomo Benedetto at RSA.
- "Dr Giacomo Benedetto". Royal Holloway, University of London. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "The Galaxy of Funds and Instruments around the EU Budget: Biographies of Speakers" (PDF). European Parliament. 25 January 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Giacomo Benedetto". Google Scholar. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Núñez Ferrer, Jorge; Le Cacheux, Jacques; Benedetto, Giacomo; Saunier, Mathieu (3 June 2016). "Study on the Potential and Limitations of Reforming the Financing of the EU Budget" (PDF). European Commission. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Furik, Andrej (25 January 2017). "Monti group advisor: EU money could be better targeted at external borders". EURACTIV. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Academics questioned on EU budget post Brexit". UK Parliament. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Editorial Team". European Journal of Government and Economics. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Benedetto, Giacomo (2005). "Institutionalised Consensus in Europe's Parliament". LSE Theses Online. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Giacomo Benedetto". IWW Lives of the First World War.
- European Union Budget Reform: Institutions, Policy and Economic Crisis. Springer. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2017.