He painted a The Fall of the Angels, and The Ascension for the church of Santa Maria Maggiore of Naples. He also painted for the church of Santi Apostoli and the church of the Redenzione dei Cattivi.
He also painted for Pietà dei Turchini, Gesù Nuovo, Santi Apostoli and for the Congregation of Sette Dolori in Naples. He returned to Abruzzo, and painted a large fresco in the Palazzo Ducale of Jove fights the Giants and Life of Hercules. He also painted medallions with portraits of the Ducal family for the Acquaviva family. He also painted for Giovanni Girolamo II in the palazzo ducale of Atri. Domenici describes these frescoes on the Life of Hercules as poetic conceits, with a brave ideation that leads to great works.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giacomo Farelli.|
- Memorie storiche degli scrittori nati nel regno di Napoli, by Camillo Minieri-Riccio, page 123.
- Monumenti storici ed artistici degli Abruzzi, Volume 1, by Vincenzo Bindi, Naples, 1889, page 160.
- Camillo Minieri-Riccio, page 123.
- Both Palazzo Ducale frescoes lost after the collapse of the ceiling in the 18th century.
- concetti poetici, e con bizarria di pensiero condusse quella grande opera..
- Vincenzo Bindi, page 160.
|This article about an Italian painter born in the 17th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|