Giancarlo Magalli (born 5 July 1947) is an Italian television writer and presenter.
Life and career
He started his artistic career as an entertainer in the first Italian tourist village at the end of the 1960s. In the seventies he became collaborator of Pippo Franco, writing his monologues. He was contracted as a television writer by RAI in 1977.
In 1985, Magalli debuted as a television presenter with the Rai Uno TV-quiz Pronto chi gioca?. He later hosted several successful TV-programs, including Fantastico, I fatti vostri and Domenica in.
For seven years Magalli has done volunteer work with the municipal police of Rome, of which he is honorary agent, going on patrol two nights a week, receiving the degree of sergeant, then to lieutenant and captain. He is also an honorary carabiniere.
In April 2007, Magalli was appointed Commendatore of the Italian Republic. In January 2015, he ranked first in an Il Fatto Quotidiano poll resulting the preferred candidate to be the successor of Giorgio Napolitano as President of the Italian Republic.
- Giorgio Dell’Arti, Massimo Parrini. Catalogo dei viventi. Marsilio, 2009. ISBN 978-88-317-9599-9.
- Aldo Grasso, Massimo Scaglioni, Enciclopedia della Televisione, Garzanti, Milano, 1996 – 2003. ISBN 881150466X.
- Massimiliano Lenzi (25 January 2015). "Magalli e l'endorsement del "Il Fatto"". Il Tempo. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- Alessandro Martorana (23 January 2015). "Tutti pazzi per Magalli: perché il web vuole mister "Affari Vostri" al Quirinale?". International Business Times. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- Alessandra Menzani (23 January 2015). "Giancarlo Magalli: "Ho vinto alle Quirinarie, ma il Fatto si vergogna e vuole che mi ritiri"". Libero. Retrieved 25 January 2015.