|Born||Louis Giovanni Russo
December 12, 1943
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
Life and career
Russo was born in Manhattan, raised in Little Italy and Rosebank, Staten Island. He claims that he has Mafia connections and that his uncle was a soldier in the Gambino crime family. There are claims that the Gambinos persuaded Francis Ford Coppola to cast Russo as Carlo Rizzi in The Godfather (1972). After reprising the Rizzi character in a brief flashback scene at the end of The Godfather Part II, Russo went on to act in more than 35 movies, including Goodnight, My Love (1972), Lepke (1975, as Albert Anastasia), Laserblast (1978), Chances Are (1989), The Freshman (1990), Side Out (1990), Another You (1991), Super Mario Bros. (1993), Any Given Sunday (1999) and Seabiscuit (2003).
Russo claims that he started a fledgling career in organized crime working as an errand boy and mob associate for Frank Costello as an adolescent but later abandoned the dangerous and volatile lifestyle of organized crime.
Russo claims that he has personally known three popes, five United States Presidents and every Mafia boss in the United States. He also claims to have had romantic trysts with Marilyn Monroe, Zsa Zsa Gabor and Liza Minnelli. Over the years since the beginning of his career, he has owned a Las Vegas restaurant called Gianni Russo's State Street (closed in 1988), dated Dionne Warwick for more than a decade, and successfully defeated 23 federal criminal indictments on a variety of charges stemming from alleged organized crime associations.
In 1988, he killed a man outside of his Las Vegas club and casino. A member of the Medellin drug cartel was harassing a female patron when he tried to intervene, the man stabbed him with a broken wine bottle. In return, Russo pulled out a gun and killed him.  The case was ruled a justifiable homicide and Russo was not charged.
- The Godfather (1972) as Carlo Rizzi
- The Godfather Part II (1974) as Carlo Rizzi
- Lepke (1975) as Albert Anastasia
- The Four Deuces (1975) as Chip Morono - the 'Deuce of Clubs'
- Laserblast (1978) as Tony Craig
- Winter Kills (1979) as Co-Pilot
- Chances Are (1989) as Anthony Bonino
- Side Out (1990) as Dick Sydney
- The Freshman (1990) as Maitre D' Gourmet Club
- Out for Justice (1991) as Sammy
- Another You (1991) as Carlos
- Stay Tuned (1992) as Guido
- Super Mario Bros. (1993) as Scapelli
- Striptease (1996) as Willy Rojo
- Circles (1998) - Howard Thomas as Jeremy's father
- Any Given Sunday (1999) as Christina's Advisor
- The Family Man (2000) as Nick
- Rope Art (2000) as Sen. Bob Krause
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) as Money Cart Guard
- Harvard Man (2001) as Andrew Bandolini
- Rush Hour 2 (2001) as Red Dragon Pit Boss
- Red Dragon (2002) as Newsie
- Seabiscuit (2003) as Alberto Gianini
- After the Sunset (2004) as Clippers Fan
- Meet the Mobsters (2005) as Paul
- Send No Flowers (2013) as Johnny Pisano
- Andrew Jacobs (April 9, 2005). "His Big Break? The Corleones Killed Him; Godfather's Son-in-Law Is Singing, Selling and Enjoying Life". New York Times. Retrieved March 26, 2008.
- See Gianni Russo website at .