Gianniotas with Greece U19
|Full name||Giannis Gianniotas|
|Date of birth||29 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Neochori, Chalkidiki, Greece|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|2014–2015||→ Asteras Tripolis (loan)||28||(4)|
|2016–||→ APOEL (loan)||40||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 March 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 November 2016
He started his career in youth teams of Aris. In 2011, new head coach Michał Probierz promoted him to the first team, and he made his debut on 5 November 2011, in a game against Olympiacos. He scored his first goal for Aris only during his second appearance for the team, in a game against OFI Crete. For that performance, he was named MVP of matchday 10 in the Greek Superleague. He scored another goal against Levadeiakos, and this one was named the best for the matchday 4. He also scored against Panetolikos F.C. in a 5–1 away loss. In total he scored three goals and he made 19 appearances.
His first goal for this season came against Panathinaikos F.C. in a 1–1 away draw. His next goal came against PAS Giannina F.C. in a 1–2 home loss. He also scored against Asteras Tripolis F.C. in a 1–1 away draw. He managed to score in a Greek Cup match against Kallithea F.C. in a 3–1 away loss.
In June 2013, he was transferred to Fortuna Düsseldorf. His previous club Aris received 450,000 euros for the transfer. He chose the jersey with the number "22" on the back, and signed a contract until 2016. "The people of Fortuna are keen for this transfer, I came to a great club with a great stadium", said the former Aris forward. "I always wanted to play in Germany," he said and concluded: "I hope that I can help Fortuna Düsseldorf to return in Bundesliga".  On August 30, 2014 the Rhinelander agreed with the Greek first division Asteras Tripoli on a lending transaction until 30 June 2015.
On 23 March 2015, Gianotas alleged to have verbally agreed to Greek champions Olympiakos and seems that Fortuna Düsseldorf which has the player's rights contents to this transfer. Giannotas has another year contract with the German club. Fortuna Düsseldorf, which is trying for a rise to Bundesliga has no problem to release the Greek footballer, without being known if will claim an amount for transcription. It is noted that the situation should be clarified in the coming days. On 5 June 2015, Olympiakos reached an agreement with Fortuna Düsseldorf for the transfer of Giannis Gianniotas. The Greek international signed a 4-year contract worth €400.000 per year with the Greek champions, that will be pay Fortuna Düsseldorf €500.000 as a transfer fee.
On 31 December 2015, Gianniotas joined Cypriot club APOEL on a six-months loan deal, until the end of the 2015-16 season. He made his debut on 10 January 2016, starting the match and playing for 65 minutes in APOEL's 2–1 away victory against Aris Limassol for the Cypriot First Division. He scored his first official goal for APOEL on 17 January 2016, in his team's 3–0 home win against Enosis Neon Paralimni for the Cypriot First Division. On 28 April 2016, Gianniotas scored with a penalty kick against title rivals AEK Larnaca, and sealed the victory which secured his team's fourth consecutive Cypriot First Division title and the first title of his career.
On 12 July 2016, APOEL agreed with Olympiakos to extent Gianniotas loan for one more year, until the end of the 2016–17 season. On 2 August 2016, he scored the opening goal in APOEL's 3–0 home victory against Rosenborg BK for the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, to help his team overturn a 2–1 loss in Norway and reach the play-off round of the competition. On 16 February 2017, he scored APOEL's second goal one minute before the end, in his team's 3–2 defeat from Athletic Bilbao at San Mamés, for the first leg of the UEFA Europa League round of 32. One week later, he scored again from the penalty spot, as APOEL won Athletic Bilbao 2–0 at home and advanced to the last 16 of the UEFA Europa League for the first time in their history.
Gianniotas made his international debut on 29 March 2015, in Greece's 0–0 away draw against Hungary for the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers. On 1 September 2016, he scored the winner in Greece's friendly 2–1 away win against Netherlands, pouncing on a rebound that Dutch keeper Jeroen Zoet let spill into a dangerous area.
Style of play
Gianniotas is well known for his acceleration and his explosiveness. He has very good dribble and usually his opponents stop him only with foul or strong tackle. His former teammate in Greece U-21 and current Iraklis' player, Apostolos Vellios, said for Gianniotas He is the best talent in Greece. If he is prepared to work hard and with some luck, he will have a great career.
- As of 20 March 2017
- As of 13 November 2016
|1.||1 September 2016||Philips Stadion, Eindhoven, Netherlands||Netherlands||1–2||1–2||Friendly|
- Ο 18χρονος Γιαννιώτας χάρισε την πρώτη νίκη στον Άρη [18-year-old Gianniotas brought Aris' first win]. Eleftherotypia (in Greek). 20 November 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- Γιάννης Γιαννιώτας: Ο ήρωας των 700 ευρώ [Giannis Gianniotas: The 700-Euro hero] (in Greek). Contra.gr. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- ΑΡΗΣ - ΟΛΥΜΠΙΑΚΟΣ [Aris - Olympiacos] (in Greek). Superleague Greece. 5 November 2011. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Βράβευση Γιάννη Γιαννιώτα-MVP 10ης αγωνιστικής" [Giannis Gianniotas – MVP of matchday 10 award] (in Greek). Superleague Greece. 25 November 2011. Archived from the original on 29 December 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Gartner und Gianniotas schließen sich Fortuna an". kicker.de.
- ""Γερμανός" ο Γιαννιώτας – Στη Φορτούνα Ντίσελντορφ μέχρι και το 2016!" (in Greek). koolnews.gr. 23 June 2013.
- "Fortuna verleiht Gianniotas an Tripolis" (in German). rp-online.de. 30 August 2014.
- "Ο Γιάννης Γιαννιώτας στην Εθνική Ελλάδας!". youtube.com. 22 March 2015.
- "Στον Ολυμπιακό ο Γιαννιώτας!". www.crashonline.gr. 23 March 2015.
- "Olympiacos clinch deal for Gianniotas". www.sdna.gr. 5 June 2015.
- "Olympiakos complete Gianniotas signing". www.sdna.gr. 17 June 2015.
- Συμφωνία δανεισμού Γιάννη Γιαννιώτα (in Greek). apoelfc.com.cy. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- Aris Limassol 1-2 APOEL FC. apoelfc.com.cy. 10 January 2016. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- APOEL FC 3-0 E.N.P.. apoelfc.com.cy. 17 January 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- ΑΠΟΕΛ 2-0 ΑΕΚ Λάρνακας [APOEL 2-0 AEK Larnaca] (in Greek). apoelfc.com.cy. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Πρωτάθλημα το ΑΠΟΕΛ, αποθέωση για Γιαννιώτα. www.sport24.gr. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Συμφωνία δανεισμού Γιάννη Γιαννιώτα (in Greek). apoelfc.com.cy. 12 July 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "APOEL 3-0 Rosenborg". uefa.com. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
- "Athletic 3-2 APOEL". uefa.com. 16 February 2017. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- APOEL 2-0 Athletic. uefa.com. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Holland's woes continue as they fall 2-1 at home to Greece in warm-up for World Cup qualifying campaign". www.dailymail.co.uk. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Gianniotas, Giannis - NFT profile". national football teams. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Netherlands 1 - 2 Greece". Skysports. Retrieved 4 September 2016.