|Full name||Giannis Taralidis|
|Date of birth||17 May 1981|
|Place of birth||Aridaia, Greece|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Centre back|
|APS Almopos Arideas|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 April 2015.
Taralidis started his career by APS Almopos Arideas. In 1999, at the age of eighteen started his professional career with the Paniliakos. He remained in the club until 2003 . Paniliakos struggled between Super League and Football League during that period.
In January 2004, Taralidis signed with Olympiacos, in which he remained until 2007. It is worth mentioning that Olympiacos, during that period, had a squad of great players that competed in the same position with the Taralidis ( Karembeu , Yaya Toure , Ieroklis Stoltidis, Pantelis Kafes) so it was not easy for a young player to get equal opportunities for playing. On 18 February 2005 he made his first appearance with the club in the UEFA Europa League in a victory 1-0 against FC Sochaux.
After 45 appearances with Olympiacos in all competitions, in the summer of 2007 he signed with OFI Crete made a total of 46 appearances with the club in the next two years in SuperLeague. In 2007 he participated with OFI Crete in UEFA Intertoto Cup. In the summer of 2008 had significant offers to join the two leading Cypriot football clubs Omonia and Anorthosis , but he denied due to family obligations and remained with his club, promoted to 3rd team captain. In 2009, he joined Levadiakos. In his first season he participated in SuperLeague, but the next season due to relegation played in the Football League. In 2011, due to lack of offers, he signed with Glyfada, in Football League 2.  In 2012-2013, played with Doxa Drama, in the Football League as a team captain.
The summer of 2013 he signed a contract with Nea Salamina in the First Division in Cyprus. He was elected team captain.  After half season in Nea Salamina, Taralidis signed a contract for six months with Ermis Aradippou,  and renew his contract for a year. 
Ermis Aradippou FC have been crowned Cypriot Super Cup champions after a 95th-minute winner from Taralidis earned them a 2-1 victory over APOEL FC – three minutes after the Nicosia outfit had levelled the match. The historic win, coming just two weeks after Ermis were knocked out of the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round by BSC Young Boys, marked their first ever domestic trophy success. It also meant revenge on the big stage for Ermis, who lost to APOEL in the Cyprus Cup final last May. 
In 2001, he participated with Greece U21 in the Mediterranean Games. Additionally, he participated with the Greek Olympic team in the 2004 Olympic Games, playing all the games in the group stage. He scored on a draw play against South Korea, and in the game against Mexico.
- Superleague Greece (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07
- Greek Cup (2): 2004–05, 2005–06,
- Greek Super Cup (1): 2007
- Cypriot Super Cup (1): 2014
- "Στον ΟΦΗ ο Ταραλίδης". contra.gr. 4 July 2007.
- "Οι "γνωστοί" και ο Ταραλίδης". inewsgr.com. 11 June 2009.
- "Πήγα στην Γλυφάδα για να βρω την ησυχία μου...". athlitiko.gr. 14 September 2011.
- "Πάει Δράμα ο Ταραλίδης". sportme.gr. 26 July 2012.
- "Στη Νέα Σαλαμίνα ο Ταραλίδης" (in Greek). xrimaonline.gr. 1 July 2013.
- "Στον Ερμη ο Ταραλίδης" (in Greek). typos.com.cy. 1 January 2014.
- "Ερμής: Συνεχίζει και ο Ταραλίδης" (in Greek). sigmalive.com. 23 May 2014.
- "Ermis beat APOEL to clinch first Cypriot Super Cup". uefa.com. 13 August 2014.
- Profile at epae.org
- Taralidis biography by UEFA
- Scoresway Profile
- Myplayer Profile
- Onsports.gr Profile