|Founded||March 22, 2009|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
|Ian Dallas, creative director|
|Products||The Unfinished Swan|
What Remains of Edith Finch
Giant Sparrow is an independent video game company based in Santa Monica, California, led by creative director Ian Dallas. Their first game, The Unfinished Swan, was released in 2012 for the PlayStation 3 and 2014 for PlayStation 4. The company's most recent project is What Remains of Edith Finch, a PlayStation 4 and Windows game released in 2017. The game was published by Annapurna Interactive, a branch of Annapurna Pictures.
The Unfinished Swan is a game set in a surreal, blank world, in which the player, a boy named Monroe, is chasing after a swan that has escaped a painting. The player must throw paint at their white surroundings to reveal the world. The game was released for the PlayStation 3 on October 23, 2012 and subsequently for PlayStation 4 and Vita.
What Remains of Edith Finch is a first-person narrative adventure game where players explore the Finch family home as the titular character and experience different stories set in the final moments of individual family members' lives. It was released for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4 on April 25, 2017. On December 7, 2017, it was awarded the "Best Narrative" for 2017 by The Game Awards.
|2012||The Unfinished Swan||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
|2017||What Remains of Edith Finch||PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One|
- "Hello World!". Archived from the original on 2013-07-25. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "GDC Vault - The Unfinished Swan". Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "About Giant Sparrow". Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "IGN - The Unfinished Swan". Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Introducing What Remains of Edith Finch, a New PS4 Exclusive". Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- "Production Company Behind Zero Dark Thirty, Sausage Party Expands Into Games". Retrieved 2016-12-01.