Jump to navigation Jump to search
The name giant rat has been applied to various species of large rats (or animals that appear similar to large rats) and may refer to:
- Gambian pouched rat, Cricetomys gambianus
- Giant pouched rat, genus Cricetomys
- Malagasy giant rat, Hypogeomys antimena
Asia and New Guinea
- Flores giant rat, Papagomys armandvillei
- Mountain giant Sunda rat, Sundamys infraluteus
- Giant cloud rats, southern giant slender-tailed cloud rat Phloeomys cumingi and northern Luzon giant cloud rat Phloeomys pallidus
- White-eared giant rats, western white-eared giant rat, Hyomys dammermani and eastern white-eared giant rat Hyomys goliath
- Woolly rats, genus Mallomys
- Large bamboo rat, Rhizomys sumatrensis
- Coypu, nutria, or river rat,. Myocastor coypus
- Capybara, genus Hydrochoerus
- Woolly giant rat, Kunsia tomentosus
- Fossorial giant rat, Kunsia fronto
- East Timor giant rat, an extinct species, genus Coryphomys
- Tenerife giant rat, an extinct species, Canariomys bravoi
- Gigantism, the phenomenon of animals to grow to giant sizes relative to their species
- The Giant Rat of Sumatra, an unwritten Sherlock Holmes story mentioned in "The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Giant rat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.