Gibraltar National League
|Number of teams||12|
|Level on pyramid||1|
|Domestic cup(s)||Rock Cup|
|International cup(s)||UEFA Champions League|
UEFA Europa League
|2019–20 Gibraltar National League|
The Gibraltar National League is the only senior tier of association football in Gibraltar, founded in 2019 after a merger of the Gibraltar Premier Division, which served as the top division of football on the Rock since 1905, and the Gibraltar Second Division, which had existed since 1909. It was announced in August 2019 by the Gibraltar Football Association. The league is supported by the Gibraltar Intermediate League for U23 sides and Hound Dogs.
Rumours of the new league began in 2018, when the Gibraltar FA announced plans for a single tier format in its league constitution for the 2018–19 Gibraltar Premier Division. On 1 August 2019, the GFA confirmed details of the restructure of domestic football in Gibraltar, and the format of the new 16 team league. After 4 teams left the league, the remaining 12 teams are to follow the same league format. Teams will play one round of games as a single league, before splitting into two groups: the Championship Group contested by the top 6 sides, and the Challenge Group between the bottom 6 sides. The winners of the Challenge Group will receive the GFA Challenge Trophy and receive a bye to the second round of the next season's Rock Cup. Hound Dogs, who participated in the final season of the Gibraltar Second Division, were granted special dispensation to compete in the Gibraltar Intermediate League.
The following 12 teams formed the inaugural Gibraltar National League. However, 3 other founder teams withdrew before the league started: Gibraltar Phoenix, Gibraltar United, and Leo. Additionally, Olympique 13 were expelled from the league after forfeiting the first two matches of the season.
- Boca Gibraltar
- Bruno's Magpies
- College 1975
- Europa Point
- Glacis United
- Lincoln Red Imps
- Lions Gibraltar
- Manchester 62
- Mons Calpe
- St Joseph's
- Restructuring of the Domestic Men's Senior League Gibraltar FA. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "Senior League Rules" (PDF). GFA. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- Key changes to the domestic league revealed to clubs Gibraltar Chronicle. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "FC Olympique expelled from all GFA competitions". Gibraltar Football Association. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "FC Olympique expelled from all GFA competitions". Gibraltar Football Association. 11 September 2019. Retrieved 17 September 2019.