Gibraltar Study Circle
The Gibraltar Study Circle exists to study the stamps and postal history of Gibraltar, a British overseas territory located at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar.
A journal, The Rock, has been published since 1975.
The circle is not to be confused with the Gibraltar Philatelic Society which is based in Gibraltar itself.
Selected circle publications
- Gibraltar Postal Stationery by Walter (Wally) Jackson, 1977.
- British Post Offices and Agencies in Morocco 1857-1898 by Dr. R.K. Clough, 1978.
- Gibraltar First Day Covers by R.H. Neville, 1984.
- Gibraltar: The postal history and postage stamps. Volume 1 To 1885 by Geoffrey Osborn, 1995.
- Gibraltar Errors & Varieties 1885-2000 by R.G.W. Burton, 2001.
- Gibraltar: Collecting King George VI by Edmund Chambers, 2005. ISBN 0-9509947-4-X
- Gibraltar: The postal history and postage stamps. Volume 4 Gibraltar Postal Stationery by Eric D. Holmes & Robert H. Neville, second edition, 2006. ISBN 0-9509947-7-4
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Gibraltar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|