Gibson Southern High School
|Gibson Southern High School|
|3499 W CR 800 S
(3499 W Coal Mine Road)
Fort Branch, Indiana 47648
|School district||South Gibson School Corporation|
|Principal||Scott Reid |
|Average class size||22.9|
|Fight song||Minnesota Rouser|
1A in Soccer, 4A in Softball 1
3A in all other classed sports 
Pocket Athletic Conference
|Website||Gibson Southern High School|
|1 Gibson Southern is 4A in softball due to the IHSAA's Tournament Success Factor.|
Completed in 1974, Gibson Southern was created as a consolidation of Fort Branch Community School, Haubstadt Johnson, and Owensville Montgomery High Schools. Gibson Southern High School graduated its first class of Seniors in the Spring of 1975.
Three junior high schools feed into Gibson Southern to form its student body: Fort Branch Community School, Haubstadt Community School and Owensville Community School. Gibson Southern and these three community schools are the schools which compromise the South Gibson School Corporation.
In 1974, Gibson Southern was originally a member of the Pocket Athletic Conference (PAC). In 1980, the school left the PAC to form the Big 8 Conference with 7 former Southern Indiana Athletic Conference schools, some of which were also once members of the PAC. In 1994, Gibson Southern left the Big 8 to rejoin the PAC.
The school won state championships in softball in 2003, 2005, 2015 and State Runner-Ups in 2001 and 2014. Because of making consecutive appearances at the State Finals, Gibson Southern's softball team will compete in Class 4A until the 2017 season. The softball team has followed up these successes with new achievements in the 2016 season, becoming the only public school known to have won sectionals and regionals in 3 separate classes; AA, AAA, and now, AAAA, winning against schools at least twice their size.
|Gibson Southern High School
IHSAA Athletic Championships
|Girls' Softball (AA & AAA)||3||2003, 2005, 2015|
|Gibson Southern High School
IHSAA Athletic Runners-up
|Boys' Baseball (AAA)||1||2014|
|Girls' Softball (AA & AAA)||2||2001, 2014|
|Girls' Soccer (A)||1||2014|
The Titan football team has won the regional title two years in a row; 2012 and 2013 and in 2015, but has never made a state appearance.
The Lady Titan soccer team finished state runner-up in 2013.
The Titan Baseball team finished runner-up in 2014.
The Academic Spell Bowl team won its first and last ever state championship at Purdue University. The previous two years the team placed third.
The Marching Titans won the ISSMA State Championship in Class C in 2001, 2004, and 2007. In 2010, the Marching Titans was the smallest band, consisting of only 22 members, to make it to Indiana State School Music Association State Finals in Class C. In 2013, The Marching Titans program disbanded, instead focusing on concert band, due to declining participation.
In March 2012, GSHS Theater was one of only 20 departments nationwide to put on a production of Legally Blonde.
- Casey Whitten (1990) 2nd Rd pick (53rd overall) - Cleveland Indians draft pick
- Eric Campbell (2004) 2nd Rd pick (71st overall) - Atlanta Braves
- Jon Adams (1997) Former assistant baseball coach, Purdue University. 2016 inductee Greater Evansville Baseball Hall of Fame. Current Assistant Principal/Athletic Director at GSHS
- Gary May (1975) Won IHSAA 3A Softball State Championship 2015 as head coach. Won State in 2003, 2005 as assistant coach.
- "Gibson Southern High School". NCES. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- IHSSA Membership Guide. Indiana High School Athletic Association: 55. 2009 http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=s_vFIg5iTiM%3d&tabid=585. Retrieved 6 April 2010. Missing or empty
- South Gibson School Corporation
-  Indiana Department of Education