Gideon Levy (Dutch journalist)
|Education||University of Amsterdam|
|Occupation||Journalist and TV-presenter|
Levy was born in 1970 and studied at the University of Amsterdam. He worked several years for broadcaster VPRO on several current affairs programmes, and for a while his own television programme, Levy and Sadeghi, with his colleague Bahram Sadeghi. Levy was one of the members of the De Jakhalzen, one of the standard items in the Dutch television programme De Wereld Draait Door.
He is mostly active as an investigative journalist and programme maker. He makes documentaries for the Dutch public broadcaster AVRO on controversial subjects. Since 2010 he works with the TV production company BlazHoffski, producing documentaries such as Brandende Kwesties and a series on Israeli history, Israël: tussen droom en werkelijkheid ("Israel: between dream and reality").
The documentaries Levy works on are often on controversial subjects such as patents in the pharmaceutical industry, Israel, doping in bicycle racing, bonuses in the banking industry etc. The first part of a six-part documentary on the last Dutch war criminals (including a rare interview with the wife of Nazi collaborator Klaas Carel Faber is scheduled to air on Monday 18 June 2012 on AVRO television.
In 2009 he and BlazHoffski won the Prix Europa in the category "current affairs" for Lockerbie Revisited, a film about the follow-up on and investigation of the Lockerbie terrorist attack, along with production company BlazHoffski.
- "BlazHoffski and Gideon Levy win prestigious 'Prix Europe' and start exclusive cooperation". Blaz Hoffski.NL. 2009-10-29. Archived from the original on 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "AVRO community-website". Avro.NL. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Israel, tussen droom en werkelijkheid". BlazHoffski website. Archived from the original on 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Uitzendinggemist.nl for TV-programme, Slikken of stikken". 2011-07-20. Archived from the original on 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Levy - Programma's". Nederland 2.nl. Retrieved 2012-06-12.