Gienek Loska performing in Warsaw
|Birth name||Henadzi Loska|
|Also known as||Gienek Loska|
8 January 1975 |
|Genres||Rock, blues rock, blues|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, guitarist|
|Labels||Sony Music Entertainment Poland|
|Associated acts||Seven B,
Gienek Loska Band
Gienek Loska or Henadzi Loska (Belarusian: Генадзій Лоска, born 8 January 1975) is a Polish singer-songwriter and guitarist born in Byelaazyorsk in Belarus who rose to fame after winning the first series of X Factor in 2011. Since his arrival to Poland in early 1990s, he has lived in Białystok, Kraków and from 2004 in Wrocław, Poland.
Loska was the co-founder and longtime member of the blues-rock band Seven B. Currently, he is a leading singer and guitarist of Gienek Loska Band. He's also known to the public due to his repeated performances on streets of bigger Polish cities. In 2009 he was invited to make a record with Alek Mrozek, a known Polish composer.
He took part in several TV talent shows:
- Szansa na sukces - in 2004, with the band Wilki
- Mam talent - the third series
- X Factor Poland - the first series - in 2011, the winner of main prize
In 1990 in Grodno he founded a band called Seven B together with Andrei Makarewicz Makarem. Upon arrival to Poland in 1992, the group toured in Augustów, Białystok and in 1993 came to Kraków where they played together until 2005. They toured usually as a quintet. Together, they recorded three albums Rocktales, Make up your mind, and Acoustic. In 2006, the group disbanded, leading to the creation of a far more successful Gienek Loska Band.
- Lepiej niż wczoraj (with Alek Mrożek), CD released October 9, 2009 by B&J Music.
- Hazardzista, CD released November 21, 2011 by Sony Music Entertainment Poland, digital download. Sales: 15,000 plus. Certification: Gold.
- Dom, CD released April 16, 2013 by Sony Music Entertainment Poland, digital download.
- "Gienek Loska Band". Original homepage stored at Wayback. Archived from the original on June 3, 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- on YouTube track #4 from album Hazardzista released in 2011 by Sony Music Entertainment Poland.