Gifford Pinchot III
|Gifford Pinchot III|
2011, Gifford Pinchot III
|Born||December 29, 1942|
Gifford Pinchot III is an American entrepreneur, author and co-founder of the Bainbridge Graduate Institute, now called Pinchot University. He is credited with inventing the concept of intrapreneurship in a paper that he and his wife, Elizabeth Pinchot, wrote in 1978 titled Intra-Corporate Entrepreneurship while attending Tarrytown School for Entrepreneurs in New York.
The Pinchots first book, Intrapreneuring: Why You Don't Have to Leave the Corporation to Become an Entrepreneur (1985) presented an expansion of the intraprenuership concept and was noted in mainstream media as "stirring discussion within management."
The Pinchots, along with Sherman Severin and Jill Bamburg, founded the Bainbridge Graduate Institute, now called Pinchot University, (BGI, in 2002; the first graduate school in the United States to offer an MBA in sustainable business (see Green MBA).
Gifford Pinchot is also the grandson of the first Chief of the United States Forest Service and the 28th Governor of Pennsylvania, Gifford Pinchot. The younger Pinchot has been recognized for carrying on his grandfather's work in conservationism.
- Intrapreneuring: Why You Don't Have to Leave the Corporation to Become an Entrepreneur (Harper & Row, 1985)
- The Intelligent Organization (Berrett Koehler, 1994)
- Intrapreneuring in Action - A Handbook for Business Innovation (Berrett Koehler, 1999)
- In 2008, Executive Excellence Publishing listed Pinchot as number 32 in their Excellence 100 - The top 100 Leadership Consultants.
- In 2009, Pinchot received the Olympus Lifetime of Educational Innovation Award.
- A.B., Economics, Harvard University 1965
- Completed coursework for a Ph.D. in neurophysiology at Johns Hopkins University.
- Awarded the honorary degree, Doctor of Laws, from the University of Puget Sound.
- Macrae, Norman (17 April 1982). "Intrapreneurial Now: Big Goes Bust". The Economist. 7233. 283: 47–52.
- Deccan Herald (2011)
- Demott, John (4 February 1985). "Here Come the Intrapreneurs". Time Magazine. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Pinchot University (2011)
- Pinchot University
- Von dobeneck, Monica (24 August 2011). "Gifford Pinchot III carries on his famous grandfather's environmental legacy". Patriot-News PennLive. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Executive Excellence Publishing (2008)