||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (February 2013)|
The Gifford School is a special education school located on Route 20, in Weston, Massachusetts. In total, it has approximately 100 students. The school takes students ages 6 and up, and is separated into a Lower School (Elementary School), a Middle School, and a High School departments, each with their own Principal, Guidance Counselor, and Head Teacher.
The Gifford School's campus consists of an Administration building, a High School building, a Middle School building, The Fenn Center, the Lower School building, a Woodshop building and a boathouse. The Fenn Center consists of the Science Room, Computer Lab, Gymnasium with a Stage, Nurses Office, and Game Room. The Gymnasium is also used as an Auditorium and Lunch Room.
On Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 6:04am, The Fenn Center was involved in a 4-Alarm fire and was severely damaged. The fire was determined to be accidental. Backup was called in from the surrounding towns of Lexington, Waltham, Natick, Newton, Sudbury, and Wellesley. The fire caused Route 20 and the on-ramp to Route 128 to be closed during the morning commute.
- "Fire ruled accidental; Weston school plans to rebuild". MetroWest Daily News. Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- "Fire Destroys Gifford School In Weston". WBZ-TV. Retrieved 23 December 2009.[dead link]
- "4-Alarm Fire Rips Through Local School". WCVB-TV. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "Fire breaks out at school in Weston". WHDH-TV. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "Flames rip through Gifford School in Weston". Fox 25 Boston. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- Ellement, John R. (23 December 2009). "Four-alarm fire burns at Weston school". Boston.com. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|