Giga Wing 2
|Giga Wing 2|
|Designer(s)||Kei Toume (character)|
|Mode(s)||Single player, 2-4 player Co-op|
|Arcade system||Sega NAOMI|
Giga Wing 2 (ギガウイング2?) is a 2000 vertical scrolling shooter arcade game developed by Takumi and published by Capcom on Sega's NAOMI arcade system board and later ported in 2001 to the Dreamcast console. The arcade version is notable both for its excessive scores (scores in the quintillions are not unheard of), and for using a horizontally aligned monitor (much like Treasure Co. Ltd's Radiant Silvergun), something that is considered rare for a vertical shooter.
It added score attack mode, 4-player mode, gallery mode, online ranking features. Online ranking service was ended on 2003-12-10 noon.
- Kingfisher (piloted by Cpr. Kurt Aishinkagura)
- Sparrow (piloted by Sgt. Romi Seneca)
- Raven (piloted by Limi Seneca)
- Stork (piloted by Special Ops Agent Cherry AD0002p)
- Albatross (piloted by Sgt. Maj. Largo Gaizel)
- Raijin (unlockable; Shinnosuke's fighter from the original game)
- Purchka (unlockable; Isha's fighter from the original game)
- Stranger (unlockable; the standard form of the original game's villain)
- Carmine (unlockable; Ruby's fighter from the original game)
- Wilderstand (unlockable; Stuck's fighter from the original game)
The soundtrack to Giga Wing 2 was released on CD, bundled with the soundtrack to Mars Matrix, both composed by the japanese composer Yasushi Kaminishi -上西 泰史- (かみにし やすし) . The music is exclusively orchestral, with a chaotic sound to provide atmosphere to the war-torn world in which the game takes place.