Gigantes de Carolina (baseball)
|Gigantes de Carolina|
|League||Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente (2000–present)|
|Location||Carolina, Carolina, Puerto Rico|
|Ballpark||Roberto Clemente Stadium (until hiatus in 2000–present)|
|League championships||2005/2006 · 2006/2007|
|Colors||Navy blue, white and gray
|General Manager||Gil Martínez|
|President||CAROLINA, BEISBOL DE GIGANTES, INC.|
The Gigantes de Carolina (English: Giants) are a baseball team in the Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League (LBPPR). Based in the city of Carolina, Puerto Rico, the Gigantes are the reigning back to back champions (2005)(2006) of the LBPPR.(no baseball was played in 2007).They play at Roberto Clemente Stadium. There is now an affiliated football club, Gigantes de Carolina also playing out of the Roberto Clemente Stadium.
Puerto Rico Baseball League
On November 18, 2009, the Gigantes defeated the Criollos. After defeating the Indios, the Gigantes gained the league's lead for a brief period of time. On November 20, 2009, the team defeated the Leones, scoring 17 hits. In their next game, the Leones defeated Carolina. On November 29, 2009, the team lost to the Gigantes del Cibao in inter-league action. On December 1, 2009, the Criollos defeated the Gigantes to win their first home game of the season.
- "Espantan la Yegüita" (in Spanish). primera Hora. 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Gigantes de Carolina se consolidan al tope de la liga invernal boricua" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-20. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Gigante explosión ofensiva" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-21. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "Explosión ofensiva de los Leones" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. 2009-11-28. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Raúl Álzaga (2009-11-30). "El Cibao se llevó el duelo gigante" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Carlos González (2009-12-02). "Caguas la libra en su casa" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
|This article about a baseball team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Puerto Rico-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|