Gigantic (video game)
|Publisher(s)||Perfect World Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release||July 20, 2017|
Gigantic was a free-to-play strategic third-person shooter video game developed by the independent game studio Motiga and published by Perfect World Entertainment. The game focused on team-based action combat with heroes battling alongside a massive guardian. Players must protect their guardian along with their team and attempt to destroy the opposing team and their guardian.
The game's beta was launched in August 2015.
On January 31, 2018, it was announced that further development for Gigantic had ceased and that the game's servers would be discontinued on July 31, 2018.
Gigantic officially shut down their servers on July 31, 2018. 
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Teams of five players unite along with a magical behemoth known as a Guardian with the ultimate goal to destroy the opposing team and their Guardian. There are 20 playable Heroes for players to choose from, all with a wide variety of abilities.
To destroy the other Guardian, Heroes have to gather power for theirs. You can kill enemies to get power. But most of the power is collected from the land itself. There are points on the map where Power will appear. You can see when and where power is on the minimap. It takes a while to collect power, so instead you can summon creatures on your half of the map. All the different creatures have different strategic abilities. Creatures also collect power faster. But if a creature gets killed, it also grants power. Killing a Hero or a baby creature grants 10 power, killing an adult creature or collecting power grants 20. If your Guardian has 100 power, you may attack. If your Guardian rampages, you have 20 seconds to get to the opponent Guardian on the other side of the map. An obvious weak point will appear on the forehead, which should be hit in order to wound the Guardian. If you manage to deal enough damage, the Guardian gets wounded. If you do not deal damage fast enough, the rampage ends and a new race for power begins.
When the opponent rampages, you have 20 seconds to get to your own Guardian. All the power you've gathered so far will become a breakable shield. The enemy Heroes will try to deal a wound, so protect your Guardian to prevent this. You can kill enemies, which will grant you power and strengthen your shield. The opponent's kills extend the time the opponent can damage your Guardian.
The first team that deals three wounds wins.
- GoGigantic (June 18, 2015). "Gameplay Designer Carter Mcbee chats with @ExpertZone about Gigantic's heroes, gameplay & more! #E32015". Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Sanchez, Miranda (June 17, 2015). "E3 2015: Spectator Mode In the Works For Gigantic". IGN. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- "Gigantic Welcomes Arc to Open Beta! | Gigantic". Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Gigantic for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved March 24, 2019.
- "Gigantic for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Vazquez, Suriel (July 28, 2017). "A Featherweight Competitor - Gigantic - PC". Game Informer. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- Todd, Brett (August 12, 2017). "Gigantic Review". GameSpot. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- Fanelli, Jason (August 30, 2017). "Gigantic Review". IGN. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- Ramos, Jeff (July 21, 2017). "Gigantic review". Polygon. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
|This shooter game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|