This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||FWB: GGS|
|Klaus Weßing (CEO and chairman of the executive board), Bernhard Riedel (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Products||Cordless, VoIP and corded telephones as well as Smart Home|
|Revenue||€326,1 million (2014)|
|(€16.7 million) (2013)|
|Profit||(€36.1 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||€303.5 million (end 2013)|
|Total equity||€24.3 million (end 2013)|
Number of employees
|1,250 (end 2015)|
Gigaset AG, formerly known as Siemens Home and Office Communication Devices is a multinational corporation based in Munich, Germany. The company is most active in the area of communications technology. Gigaset manufactures DECT telephones. It has around 1,250 employees and sales activities in approximately 70 countries.
Gigaset AG is listed on the Prime Standard of Deutsche Börse and its shares are traded on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol 'GGS' (ISIN: DE0005156004).
Gigaset Communications was established on October 1, 2008, when Arques Industries, a private equity firm, acquired 80.2% equity interest in Siemens Home and Office Communication Devices GmbH & Co. KG (SHC) from Siemens AG for 45 million euros.
Products and services
Gigaset creates numerous products for home and small office use:
- Cordless phones: Specializing in DECT and Cat-iq technology, Gigaset is the European market leader and offers a wide variety of wireless phones (900Mhz, 2.4Ghz and DECT).
- Smartphones: Gigaset GS160, Gigaset GS270
- VoIP phones: A variety of cordless (DECT) VoIP products are available. Certain products offer free calls using gigaset.net SIP network.
- Corded phones: The company sells their analog phones by the brand "euroset".
- Business telephony: VoIP based corded and cordless DECT/Cat-iq phones, repeaters and IP-PBX solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises, sold under the "Gigaset pro" brand.
- Smart home / security: sold under "Gigaset elements" brand. The typical system consists of a base station, motion,smoke detector, door and window sensors as well a siren a camera. The system also offers a plug and a button that can be used to control electrical devices in the house. The devices are connected to the base-station through DECT Ultra Low Energy (DECT-ULE) and the base (a home gateway) is connected to the internet by wired LAN. The user has the ability to get notifications on his smartphone by using a dedicated app (available for Android and iOS).
Recent Gigaset and Gigaset pro cordless phones support Cat-iq 2.0 with HD Voice, allowing high-quality calls with a frequency response up to 7 kHz on VoIP/SIP phones and home gateways, using the G.722 wideband audio codec (dubbed High Definition Sound Performance (HDSP) by Gigaset).
Eco Dect and Eco Dect Plus are power-saving technologies used by Gigaset. Energy savings of 60-80% are available using a combination of low-energy switched-mode power supply unit(PSU), reduction of transmission power by adjusting transmission power according to the handset's distance to the base station, and switching off radio wave transmission completely when the handset is docked and charging or in standby mode. A green home logo indicates that the product is eco-friendly.
- "Annual Report 2014" (PDF). Gigaset. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Siemens Plans to Cut Up to 7,000 Jobs. New York Times, February 26, 2008
- A Home Network Where Your TV Talks to Your Fridge. New York Times, August 24, 2008
- "Eco Dect Green Home". GigaSet. Retrieved 2017-01-21.