|Starring||Justin Fletcher as multiple characters|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||113|
|Running time||14 minutes|
|Production company(s)||British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)|
|Original release||7 September 2009 –|
The programme's star and creator is Justin Fletcher, who plays the characters in all the sketches. Some sketches are filmed in the studio; one regular external location is Portmeirion, used for the town of Wiggyville, where the Captain Adorable sketches are set (Series One).
In November 2008, CBeebies aired three different pilots made by Fletcher, with the possibility of one of them becoming a full-time series. They were called Humphrey the Painter, Gigglebiz (Gigglebox) and Captain Adorable. In January 2009, an announcement by CBeebies was made that Gigglebiz would become the regular show, starting in September 2009, with the Humphrey and Captain Adorable characters being included, which was now a series of character-based comedy sketches linked by jokes told by children
The first series was broadcast in September 2009 and comprised 25 roughly 13-minute episodes. The second series of 15 episodes was shown in January 2011 (with a Christmas Special on 15 December 2010). The new series saw some characters disappear to make way for new ones.
In July 2018, a spin-off quiz show entitled GiggleQuiz was announced, with Justin Fletcher reprising his role as all the characters. It first aired on the Monday 28 October 2019. The aim of the game is to answer questions about clips, shown from the previous series (Series 4 and 5), it is hosted by Arthur Sleep and the team captains are Gail Force and Keith Fitt while Nana Knickerbocker hosts her own round. Wizard Tripwick, Dina Lady, Captain Adorable, Rapids Johnson, Ann Teak, The Lost Pirate and Professor Muddles have all appeared as contestants. It is very similar format to the previous aired CBeebies show The Shiny Show.
All of these characters are played by Justin Fletcher, who also wrote a few sketches in the first series of Gigglebiz.
- Ann Teak (Series 1–4, GiggleQuiz): A very careless antiques expert who doesn't actually know much about antiques and cares more about items like cardboard boxes and shop bought sandwiches.
- Arthur Sleep (Series 1-present, GiggleQuiz): A regional newsreader with a taste for very bad jokes and is always falling asleep. Also the Host of GiggleQuiz.
- Rapids Johnson (Series 1- present, GiggleQuiz): An explorer who never quite manages to spot the prey. He always says "I'll find that bear or my name's not Rapids....Johnson. Keep em Peeled". In the Gigglebiz Pilot, he was called Jungle Jim.
- DIY Dan (Series 1, 3- present): A practitioner who never quite manages to demonstrate what to do without making a hash of it. Wallpaper, sloppy paint, wonky shelves, three-legged tables, sloping beds, all are grist to Dan's DIY mill.In the Gigglebiz Pilot, he was originally called Andy Guy.
- Captain Adorable (Series 1-present, GiggleQuiz) : A rather less than super superhero who tries to help the people of Wiggyville and he likes saying "Please don't thank me, it's what I do. Captain Adorable away!"
- Gail Force (Series 1-present, GiggleQuiz) : A weather presenter, sometimes a fool, constantly at the mercy of events, usually involving water; also works as an outside presenter to combine Arthur Sleep segments. She mainly does news reports. In Series 5 she has her own chat show 'Gail'.She is One of the Team Captains in GiggleQuiz.
- The Lost Pirate (Series 1–2, 4-present, GiggleQuiz) : A Pirate who is always on the lookout for his lost treasure; In Series 1 and 2 he has a parrot called Captain Squawk and in Series 4 Captain Crackers.
- Nana Knickerbocker (Series 1, 3-present, GiggleQuiz) : A pantomime dame who lives her entire life as if she were still in on stage, she lacks common sense in the modern world. In Series 4 and 5 she has her own panto shop. In GiggleqQuiz she has her own round ' Nana's Panto Showdown'.
- Professor Muddles (Series 1-present, GiggleQuiz) : A crazy scientist who gets a bit muddled. (appears in every series and GiggleQuiz)
- Humphrey (Series 1, 3-present) : A man who obliviously causes trouble wherever he is. Drives a Morris Minor permanently hitched to a Teardrop trailer, and dotes on his dog Woody. (appeared in Series 1, returned in Series 3-present)
- Dina Lady (Series 1–2, 4-present, GiggleQuiz) : A not-so-hot cook, with her assistant Tommy Tummy (Richard Sutton). In Series 4 she became the host of a parody of The Great British Bake Off with Tommy as her co-host. In Series 5 she became the delivery driver for a catering company.
- Keith Fitt (Series 2-present, GiggleQuiz) : A Geordie sports instructor whose "20 year" experience hasn't gained him any skills. He is one of the Team Captains in GiggleQuiz.
- Will Singalot (Series 3-present) : A minstrel and one of Robin Hood's Merry Men who always spoils Robin's efforts to impress Maid Marion. (appears in Series 3 - present)
- Enrique Pasadoble (Series 3-present) : A dancer who is not very good at dancing.
- Dan Step (Series 3-present) : A tap dancer who often is thrown off his dancing stride as he encounters prop malfunctions throughout his routines. He made a cameo in GiggleQuiz.
- Wizard Tripwick (Series 5-present, GiggleQuiz) : A clumsy wizard who isn't very good at magic.
- Wild Wez (Series 5-present) : A cowboy who focuses on how to clean up his barn but the barnyard animial always mess it up again.
- Anna Conda (Series 1) : A reptile expert who can be a bit zany.
- The Berrito Brothers (Series 1-4) : Three brothers who are acrobats. The older two are played by Karl Magee and Gary Cross. The youngest brother, played by Justin, always tries to ruin their act in some way.
- Packed Lunch Pete (Series 1) : Pete always tries to eat his packed lunch but is prevented from doing so in a number of ways.
- King Flannel (Series 1-3) : A naughty, childish monarch who needs to be kept in line by his butler.
- Chip Munk (Series 1) : A pet shop worker who avoids selling the animals in the shop.
- Doctor Doctor (Series 2) : A doctor who tells jokes to people who need his help. His catchphrase is “Doctor Doctor will see you now, next!”
- Farmer Dung (Series 1-3) : An incomprehensible farmer who lacks common sense.
- Major Boogie (Series 1-2) : An old tin soldier who likes to dance when no one else is around.
- Simon Pieman (Series 2) : A delivery man who always has trouble delivering his pies which usually end up in his face.
- Postie (Series 1) : A hapless postman who always fails to deliver the mail on time.
- Milkshake Jake (Series 1) : A zany and excitable, American accented sundae bar tender who unwittingly sprays his customers with the contents of their orders.
- Opera Oliver (Series 2) : An opera singing waiter who always makes his customers leave with his terrible singing.
- Rod and Annette (Series 2) : Rod (Justin) is a fisherman who always catches something but loses it but his wife, Annette (Anita Dobson), never notices and tells people that he never catches anything.
- Ug and Ig (Series 3) : A pair of cavemen. Ig is most certainly the more clever of the two but Ug underestimates his abilities.
- Storybook Stan (Series 3-4) : A storyteller whose attempts to tell a story always end in disaster.
- Sue Keeper (Series 3) : A zookeeper who always gets her animals mixed up.
- Will Barrow (Series 3-4) : A gardener who is always being tricked by animals.
- Botham: Captain Adorable's Butler who does most of the work for Captain Adorable, who always calls him "Bottom". (appears in series 1 and 3)
- Q.T: Captain Adorable's sidekick, an 11-year-old girl.
- Awesome Girl: (Kae Alexander) Captain Adorable's trusty super-heroine companion. (only appeared in series 4)
- Woody: Humphrey's dog.( Only appeared in Series 1 and 3)
- Tommy Tummy: (Richard Sutton) Dina Lady's assistant who knows more about cooking than Dina Lady.
- Giant Panda: The frequent and elusive subject of Rapids Johnson's search. (only appears in Series 1 and episode 9 in Series 2)
- King Flannel's Butler: (Simon Grover) Long suffering, and tries to keep King Flannel in line - not always successfully. (appears in series 1, 2 and 3)
- Lady Chatalot :(Julie Alanah Brighten) King Flannel's friend. He is always jealous of her and gets more than he does. She is recurring character from Series 1 to 2, and is regular in Series 3.
- Reggie:(Darren Hart) Farmer Dung's assistant. He is a recurring character from Series 1 to 2, and becomes regular in Series 3.
- Robin Hood:(Tom Golding) Will Singalot's best friend who Robin calls him his enemy. His Catchphrase is " That Minstrel has got to go" (appears in Series 3 - present)
- Marion: (Ellie Kirk) a maiden who Robin has lived all his life to marry.(appears in Series 3 - present)
- Doreen: works in the newsroom with Arthur Sleep. Her arm only appears. (appears in episode 1 in series 1 and episode 3 in Series 2 now regular in Series 3 - present)
- Humphreys Neighbour:(Michael Webber) Humphrey always gets him into trouble (appears in Series 3 - present)
- Brown Bear: Rapids Johnson searches for him but doesn't know he is behind him. (appears in Series 3 - Present and GiggleQuiz)
- Bobo:Professor Muddles's teddy bear (appears in Series 3 - Series 4 Regular - present)
- Dobbin Nanna Knickerbocker's cheeky Horse ( Appeared in 3 episodes in Series 1, 3 episodes in Series 4 and GiggleQuiz regular.
- Little Bottom: A fictional village where Gail Force mainly presents weather and strange forecasts. The villagers of Little Bottom are often the victims of unusual outbreaks like fleas or sneezing. The village's railway station is unusually large with 47 platforms. (Series 2, Episode 8)
- Wiggyville: The home of Captain Adorable in series 1 and 2 Outside shots of the town show it to be Portmeirion in North Wales.
The first series debuted on the 7 of September, 2009. It consisted of 25 episodes plus a Christmas special and featured 20 characters, Ann Teak, Arthur Sleep, Rapids Johnson, DIY Dan, Captain Adorable, Gail Force, The Lost Pirate, Nana Knickerbocker, Professor Muddles, Humphrey, Dina Lady, Anna Conda, The Berrito Brothers, Packed Lunch Pete, King Flannel, Chip Munk, Farmer Dung, Major Boogie, Postie and Milkshake Jake. The Christmas special featured the debut of Simon Pieman.
- Episode 1–7 September 2009
- Episode 2–8 September 2009
- Episode 3–9 September 2009
- Episode 4–10 September 2009
- Episode 5–11 September 2009
- Episode 6–14 September 2009
- Episode 7–15 September 2009
- Episode 8–16 September 2009
- Episode 9–17 September 2009
- Episode 10–18 September 2009
- Episode 11–21 September 2009
- Episode 12–22 September 2009
- Episode 13–23 September 2009
- Episode 14–24 September 2009
- Episode 15–25 September 2009
- Episode 16–28 September 2009
- Episode 17–29 September 2009
- Episode 18–30 September 2009
- Episode 19–1 October 2009
- Episode 20–2 October 2009
- Episode 21–2 November 2009
- Episode 22–3 November 2009
- Episode 23–4 November 2009
- Episode 24–5 November 2009
- Episode 25–6 November 2009
- A Christmas Special - 15 December 2010
Series 2 (2011)
The second series debuted on the 17th of January, 2011 and consisted of 15 episodes. It featured 12 of the previous series's characters plus 5 new one's; Simon Pieman, Rod and Annette, Keith Fitt, Doctor Doctor and Opera Oliver.
The returning characters from Series 1 were Ann Teak, Arthur Sleep, Rapids Johnson, Captain Adorable, Gail Force, The Lost Pirate, Professor Muddles, Dina Lady, The Berrito Brothers, King Flannel, Farmer Dung and Major Boogie.
- Episode 1–17 January 2011
- Episode 2–18 January 2011
- Episode 3–19 January 2011
- Episode 4–20 January 2011
- Episode 5–21 January 2011
- Episode 6–24 January 2011
- Episode 7–25 January 2011
- Episode 8–26 January 2011
- Episode 9–27 January 2011
- Episode 10–28 January 2011
- Episode 11–31 January 2011
- Episode 12–1 February 2011
- Episode 13–2 February 2011
- Episode 14–3 February 2011
- Episode 15–4 February 2011
Series 3 (2013)
The third Series debuted on the 21st of October, 2013 and consisted of 26 episodes. It featured a total of 20 character including 13 from the previous 2 series and 7 new ones.
9 of the characters who appeared in both Series 1 & 2 returned for Series 3; Ann Teak, Arthur Sleep, Rapids Johnson, Captain Adorable, Gail Force, Professor Muddles, The Berrito Brothers, King Flannel and Farmer Dung while DIY Dan, Humphrey and Nana Knickerbocker returned from Series 1 and Keith Fitt returned from Series 2. The new characters were Will Singalot, Enrique Pasadoble, Dan Step, Will Barrow, Storybook Stan, Ug and Ig and Sue Keeper.
- Episode 1–21 October 2013
- Episode 2–22 October 2013
- Episode 3–23 October 2013
- Episode 4–24 October 2013
- Episode 5–25 October 2013
- Episode 6–28 October 2013
- Episode 7–29 October 2013
- Episode 8–30 October 2013
- Episode 9–31 October 2013
- Episode 10–1 November 2013
- Episode 11–4 November 2013
- Episode 12–5 November 2013
- Episode 13–6 November 2013
- Episode 14–7 November 2013
- Episode 15–8 November 2013
- Episode 16–2 December 2013
- Episode 17–3 December 2013
- Episode 18–4 December 2013
- Episode 19–5 December 2013
- Episode 20–6 December 2013
- Episode 21–9 December 2013
- Episode 22–10 December 2013
- Episode 23–11 December 2013
- Episode 24–12 December 2013
- Episode 25–13 December 2013
- Episode 26–16 December 2013
Series 4 (2015)
Series 4 debuted on the 5th of January, 2015 and consisted of 25 episodes and featured 17 characters from the previous 3 series's.
Dina Lady and The Lost Pirate returned from Series 1 & 2 while Will Singalot, Enrique Pasadoble, Dan Step, Will Barrow and Storybook Stan all returned from Series 3. Ann Teak, Arthur Sleep, Rapids Johnson, Captain Adorable, Gail Force, Professor Muddles, The Berrito Brothers, DIY Dan, Humphrey, Keith Fitt and Nana Knickerbocker also returned.
- Episode 1–5 January 2015
- Episode 2–6 January 2015
- Episode 3–7 January 2015
- Episode 4–8 January 2015
- Episode 5–9 January 2015
- Episode 6–12 January 2015
- Episode 7–13 January 2015
- Episode 8–14 January 2015
- Episode 9–15 January 2015
- Episode 10–16 January 2015
- Episode 11–19 January 2015
- Episode 12–20 January 2015
- Episode 13–21 January 2015
- Episode 14–22 January 2015
- Episode 15–23 January 2015
- Episode 16–16 February 2015
- Episode 17–17 February 2015
- Episode 18–18 February 2015
- Episode 19–19 February 2015
- Episode 20–20 February 2015
- Episode 21–23 February 2015
- Episode 22–24 February 2015
- Episode 23–25 February 2015
- Episode 24–26 February 2015
- Episode 25–27 February 2015
Series 5 (2018-2019)
The 5th Series debuted on the 28th of October, 2018 and consisted of 22 episodes and featured 15 characters including 13 of the characters that appeared last season but 2 new ones; Wizard Tripwick And Wild Wez.
- Enrico's Duck Dance - 28 October 2018
- Wizard Tripwick's Banana Spell - 29 October 2018
- Professor Muddles' Rainy Day - 30 October 2018
- Dina Lady's Chocolate Cake - 31 October 2018
- DIY Dan's Cat Flap - 1 November 2018
- Captain Adorable's Shopping - 2 November 2018
- Wizard Tripwick's Disappearing Spell - 5 November 2018
- Keith Fitt's Dancing Record - 6 November 2018
- Robin Hood's Giant Pumpkin - 7 November 2018
- DIY Dan's Dripping Tap - 8 November 2018
- Rapids Johnson's Rain Dance - 9 November 2018
- Wild Wez's Thirsty Cactus - 18 February 2019
- Dan Step's Balloon Dance - 19 February 2019
- Gail Plays the Spoons - 20 February 2019
- Humphrey's Camping Trip - 21 February 2019
- Dina Lady's Banana Cake - 22 February 2019
- Gail Goes to Space - 25 February 2019
- Robin Hood's New Horse - 26 February 2019
- The Lost Pirate's Bus Trip - 27 February 2019
- DIY Dan's Gnome Garden - 28 February 2019
- Wizard Tripwick's Mending Spell - 1 March 2019
- Gail Sings Country and Western - 4 March 2019
The host of GiggleQuiz is Arthur Sleep while the team Captains are Gail Force and Keith Fitt, Nana Knickerbocker hosts her own round Nana's Panto Showdown. Ann Teak, Rapids Johnson, Captain Adorable, Professor Muddles and Wizard Tripwick, Dina Lady and The Lost Pirate have all appeared as contestants.
- Dina Lady's Brussels Sprout Cake - 28 October 2019
- Captain Adorable's Sidekick - 29 October 2019
- The Lost Pirate's Treasure - 30 October 2019
- Keith Fitt's Quiz Fit - 31 October 2019
- Super Banana Gail - 1 November 2019
- Keith Fitt's Juggling - 4 November 2019
- Rapids Johnson's Quizzly Bear - 5 November 2019
- Ann Teak's Painting - 6 November 2019
- Arthur's Tie Break - 7 November 2019
- Professor Muddles' Brain Buster - 8 November 2019
- Gail Force's Thinking Cap - 11 November 2019
- Ann Teak's Antique Wand - 12 November 2019
- Rapids Johnson's Helping Bear - 13 November 2019
- Professor Muddles' Handy Invention - 14 November 2019
- Gail Wants to Sing - 15 November 2019
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511698/episodes?ref_=tt_ql_6 "Gigglebiz (TV Series 2009– ) - Episodes - IMDb"[unreliable source?]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fimr1cNKJSE. "Gigglebiz Episode 1".
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511698/ "Gigglebiz (2009– ) - IMDb".[unreliable source?]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 August 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) "Gigglebiz - CBeebies - BBC.co.uk"
- "CBeebies - Gigglebiz". BBC. 1 January 1970. Archived from the original on 9 January 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "BBC orders new children's comedies School Train and GiggleQuiz". 3 July 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.