1962 (age 55–56)
|Education||B.A. Stanford University|
|Occupation||Film producer, Philanthropist|
|Known for||co-founder of Odd Lot Entertainment|
|Net worth||US$ 1.9 billion (March 2013)|
Marian "Cindy" Friend
|Family||Nancy Pritzker (sister)|
Thomas Pritzker (brother)
John Pritzker (brother)
Daniel Pritzker (brother)
Jean "Gigi" Pritzker (born 27 July 1962) is an American billionaire, film producer, and philanthropist. She is a member of the Pritzker family.
Early life and education
Pritzker was born to the wealthy Jewish Pritzker family in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Marian "Cindy" (née Friend) and Jay Pritzker. Her maternal grandfather was Prague-born jurist Hugo Friend. Her father diversified the Chicago-based family business, the Marmon Group - along with his brothers Robert Pritzker and Donald Pritzker. They created the Hyatt Hotel chain in 1957 and owned Braniff Airlines from 1983 until 1988, later divesting many assets. Pritzker graduated with a B.A. in anthropology from Stanford University.
After taking courses in documentary film making, she co-founded - along with her friend Deborah Del Prete - the Culver City, California based film production and financing company Odd Lot Entertainment. In 2010, Odd Lot produced the film Rabbit Hole starring Nicole Kidman and in 2011, produced the film Drive starring Ryan Gosling. In November 2013, Odd Lot released Ender's Game a film co-starring Harrison Ford, and based on Orson Scott Card's science fiction novel. Pritzker also develops and produces live stage productions - along with her partner Ted Rawlins - through their company Relevant Theatricals. Relevant Theatricals produced the play Million Dollar Quartet.
Personal life and philanthropy
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Jean (Gigi) Pritzker March 2013
- CNN Money: "The Pritzker Unveiling a Private Family" By Ford S. Worthy April 25, 1988
- Chicago Tribune: "Pritzker family could soon own less than half of Hyatt" By Julie Wernau April 19, 2011
- New York Times: "A Movie Mogul Rising" By MICHAEL CIEPLY January 14, 2013
- Crain's Chicago Business: "Gigi Pritzker's firm sees star rising in Hollywood" by Shia Kapos January 15, 2013
- Chicago Tribune: "The Pritzker family tree" By Melissa Harris and Julie Wernau December 18, 2011
- Crain's Chicago Business: "Gigi, Michael Pucker donate sculpture to Lurie Children's Hospital" by Shia Kapos October 24, 2012
- Harris, Melissa; Wernau, Julie (December 18, 2011). "The Pritzker family tree". Chicago Tribune.