Gil (comic strip)
|Current status/schedule||Sunday Only|
|Launch date||January 2, 2012|
|Syndicate(s)||King Features Syndicate|
On 2 December 2013, Feuti announced that Gil would cease publication at the end of the year. However, on May 11, 2014, Feuti announced that Gil would return as a Sunday-only comic in the Providence Journal.
Gil the title character, is a chubby elementary school student who is usually picked last in school for sports. He lives with his divorced factory working mother Cheryl. Gil prefers instead to live in a nuclear family, thinking it would give him superpowers. He is shown visiting his father Frank every week.
Shandra Gil’s best friend, neighbor, and classmate. Shandra’s parents also are divorced. She has signature puffy pigtails and a very sensible attitude. She is a loyal friend and a very supportive confidante.
Frank Gil's dad is shown to be a lazy underachiever.
Troy Cheryl's boyfriend
Voltron Gil and Cheryl's cat
Mr. Klopec Gil's neighbor, who usually is seen on the porch of the apartment building
- "Gil, A New Strip by Norm Feuti, Debuts Nationwide". Comics Beat. Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Gil". King Features Syndicate. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "That's seriously funny: Comics tackle tough issues". Economic Times. 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2012-04-02.[permanent dead link]
- ""Gil Coming to an End," gilcomics.com, 2 December 2013". Archived from the original on 2013-12-06. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- ""GIL Returns to Providence Journal Sunday Comics Page," rovidencejournal.com, 11, May 2014". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- "Comics take on serious topics". Fay Observer. 2012-03-12. Archived from the original on 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Character Dynamics". Gil Comics Blog. Archived from the original on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "KIRBY: Comic strips and what you think is funny". The Sun Chronicle. 2012-03-18. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
|This comic strip–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|