|Subsidiary of Fortive|
|Headquarters||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Martin Gafinowitz, CEO|
Automatic Tank Gauging
Point of Sale Systems
|Revenue||$250 million USD (2015)|
Number of employees
Gilbarco Inc., doing business as Gilbarco Veeder-Root, is a supplier of fuel dispensers, point of sale systems, payment systems, forecourt merchandising  and support services. The company operates as a subsidiary of Fortive and its headquarters are located in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States. It employs approximately 4,000 people around the world, with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim, Australia, the Middle East and Africa.
Regional offices are located throughout the US and Canada, and in the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, India, Brazil and Argentina.
The company's manufacturing and development facilities are located in Greensboro, and in Simsbury, Connecticut, Altoona, Pennsylvania, Lakewood, Colorado and Davenport, Iowa. International manufacturing and development locations include the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, India, China and Brazil.
The company was founded under the name Gilbert & Barker in 1870 by Charles Gilbert and John Barker. The company was renamed as Gilbarco in 1929 and was later acquired by the British engineering company GEC in 1987. In 1999 GEC renamed itself to Marconi and Gilbarco became Marconi Commerce Systems. In 2002 Gilbarco was acquired by the Danaher Corporation, parent company of Veeder-Root and Red Jacket companies, and became Gilbarco Veeder-Root.
In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root was featured on the June 14, 2008, episode of the television show John Ratzenberger's Made in America. Danaher spun off several subsidiaries, including Gilbarco Veeder-Root, in 2016 to create Fortive.
- Veeder-Root supplies automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems, including the Red Jacket brand of submersible pumps and pressurized line leak detectors. Veeder-Root is headquartered in Simsbury, Connecticut.
- Gasboy International is a manufacturer and marketer of commercial electronic and mechanical petroleum dispensing systems, fleet management systems, and transfer pumps, primarily for non-retail petroleum applications. Gasboy also offers a complementary line of automated fueling systems that provide 24-hour unattended fueling capabilities to fleets and retail marketers. Gasboy is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- "Gilbarco Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- Pumping Up In-Store Sales, C-Store Decisions, February 2009
- NACStech Show Floor Report, CSPnet.com, May 2009
- "Gilbarco Company Overview". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Gilbarco rides again. (Dateline).(Danaher Corp. acquires Marconi Commerce Systems Inc.(formerly Gilbarco Inc.))". HighBeam. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Gilbarco Launches AskAboutPCI.com, Convenience Store Decisions, May 2008
- John Ratzenberger's Made In America
- Zacks Equity Research. "Danaher Completes Fortive Spin-Off, Trading to Begin Today". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Official Gilbarco Veeder-Root site
- eXtremely Secure, CSP Magazine, May 2009
- Sheetz Awards PCI Upgrade to Gilbarco Veeder-Root, CSP.net, March 2009
- Gilbarco Passport enhancements facilitate compliance and faster execution of growth features, NPNweb.com, May 2009
- Gilbarco Launches AskAboutPCI.com Interactive Payment Security Website, May 2008
- Bite the Bullet, By: Jerry Soverinsky, NACS Magazine, April 2009
- The PCI ABCs By: Jerry Soverinksy, NACS Magazine, September 2008