Gilbert E. Patterson
Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson Sr.
|Church||Temple of Deliverance Church of God in Christ|
|In office||1975 – 2007 (Bishop); 2000–2007 (Presiding Bishop)|
|Predecessor||Bishop Chandler D. Owens|
|Successor||Charles Edward Blake, Sr.|
|Born||September 22, 1939|
Humboldt, Tennessee, U.S.
|Died||March 20, 2007 (aged 67)|
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Spouse||Louise Dowdy Patterson|
|Occupation||Presiding Bishop, Church of God in Christ, Pastor, Televangelist, Singer|
Gilbert Earl Patterson (September 22, 1939 – March 20, 2007) was an American Pentecostal-Holiness leader and minister who served as the international Presiding Bishop and Chief Apostle of the Church of God in Christ (COGIC), Inc. Bishop Patterson was the second youngest person to ever be elected Presiding Bishop of COGIC at the age 60 in 2000, second to his predeceased uncle Bishop J. O. Patterson, Sr who was 56 when he was elected Presiding Bishop in 1968.
- "ProductInfo". Archived from the original on August 12, 2017. Retrieved March 21, 2007.
- EURweb.com – Black Entertainment | Black News | Urban News | Hip Hop News
- Hevesi, Dennis. "Bishop G. E. Patterson, 67, Who Led Church of God in Christ, Dies". Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- "Bountiful Blessings". bbless.org. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:sr133ats.txt 110th Congress, 1st session S RES 133