Gilbert Public Schools
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gilbert Public Schools (GPS), officially known as Gilbert Unified School District #41 (GUSD), is a school district based in Gilbert, Arizona, United States in the Phoenix metropolitan area. GPS covers most of Gilbert and parts of Mesa and Chandler.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)|
Schools in the district include: twenty-seven elementary schools which accommodate grades kindergarten through sixth; six junior high schools (seventh and eighth grades) and five high schools (ninth to twelfth).
|Name||Campo Verde||Desert Ridge||Gilbert||Highland||Mesquite|
1987 (current building)
|Principal||Michael de la Torre||Mike Diegnan||Chris Stroud||Melinda Murphy||Ken Fetter|
Junior high schools
|Name||Desert Ridge||Gilbert||Greenfield||Highland||Mesquite||South Valley|
|Principal||Jean Woods||Kevin Rainey||Brian Yee||Marcie Taylor||Dan Johnson||Mr. Cannon|
Playa del Rey Elementary School opened in 1994. April 2011 was the second time the school has received the A+ 'School of Excellence' award. The Principal Robyn Conrad was named Arizona's principal of the year in October 2010.
Neely Traditional Academy is an elementary school in Gilbert, Arizona, United States. The school was opened in 1981, and became a traditional academy in 1999. Neely received the National Blue Ribbon School award in 2009.
Academies and alternative education
- Canyon Valley School (Grades 9-12)
- Distance Learning Online (Grades 7-12) — Gilbert Public Schools offers its own online schooling program through its Distance Learning Center. Classes range from History to Physical Education. Gilbert accepts credits earned from major online schools, such as Primavera.
- Gilbert Classical Academy (Grades 7-12) — opened August 2007; replacing the GPS Technology and Leadership Academy
- Neely Traditional Academy (Grades K-6) — also known as Neely Elementary
- East Valley Institute of Technology
- Chandler Unified School District
- Higley Unified School District
- Mesa Public Schools
- "School Listing / GPS Schools". Gilbertschools.net. Archived from the original on 2011-10-17. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- 2011‐2012 2012‐2013 Conference Placement Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Arizona Interscholastic Association, 2010-10-1
- Hayley Ringle (16 April 2011). "Higley celebrates district's first A+ school award". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Saunders, Diane (11 October 2009). "Jack Daley School named national Blue Ribbon School". Eastern Arizona Courier. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- Gersema, Emily (6 November 2009). "Traditional school a big hit in Gilbert". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- "Primavera Online High School". Primaveratech.org. Retrieved 2011-10-19.