|Products||Rugby union and netball equipment and accessories|
Gilbert Rugby is a sports equipment manufacturing brand, specialising in rugby union and netball. The company is mostly known for its rugby union balls, having been official supplier for every World Cup since 1995.
The company was established by William Gilbert, a cobbler, in 1823, who along with his nephew, James, developed footballs for the neighbouring Rugby School. In 2002, after experiencing financial difficulties following a management buyout, Gilbert was purchased by Grays International.
Gilbert is the long-standing official ball supplier for the England, Wales, Scotland, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy and Argentina rugby unions. They also provide balls for the International Federation of Netball Associations. Gilbert is also the official ball supplier of the ANZ Championship, the biggest netball competition in the world and also the official supplier of the Netball World Championships. Their products include the Gilbert Synergie rugby ball.
In September 2014, Gilbert Rugby launched the "Match-XV" ball, which was developed specifically for the 2015 World Cup held in England. The Match-XV match ball was worn throughout the Premiership Rugby, Top 14 and by all Gilbert-sponsored national unions in the test matches in November 2015.
|Sport||Range of products|
|Rugby union||Balls, kit uniforms (jerseys/shorts/socks), protective gear (body armors, shoulder pads, head guards, scrum caps, mouthguards, gloves), boots, compression garments, bags, safety cones, tees, water bottles, tackle bags|
|Netball||Balls, Uniform equipment, footwear, post, rings|
The following teams, associations and players wear uniforms and equipment provided by Gilbert:
- Grays of Cambridge (International) Ltd. "Gilbert Rugby - History - Rugby's Original Brand". gilbertrugby.com.
- Gilbert será la pelota oficial de la Rugby World Cup, 24 March 2010
- "Batmaker gets balls as James Gilbert is rescued". scrum.com. 15 September 2002. Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- "Gilbert - Official Ball Supplier". International Federation of Netball Associations. 19 July 2006. Archived from the original on 2008-03-14. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Innovative Rugby World Cup 2015 Match XV ball launched". East Sussex: Gilbert Rugby. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-29.
- GILBERT LAUNCH MATCH-XV PLUS WITH AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY, 1 April 2016
- Sharper Kicks & More Tries as new Gilbert MATCH-XV Balls Arrive by Adam Redmond on Pro14Rugby.com, 20 December 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gilbert (company).|