This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gilbert Vassart is a Belgian scientist and professor at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles. His research interests include molecular endocrinology, especially related to the thyroid, and pharmacology of G protein-coupled receptor along with medical genetics.
He is the past director of the Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie humaine et moléculaire (IRIBHM) and teaches Medical Genetics at the Medical School of the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Honors and awards
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Docteur honoris causa of the University of Chicago (2002)
- Docteur honoris causa of the Université René Descartes (2000)
- Francqui Prize (1993)
- Van Geysel European award for biomedical research (2000)
- ISI Highly Cited Scientist in Biology & Biochemistry
- ISI Highly Cited http://hcr3.isiknowledge.com/author.cgi?&link1=Search&link2=Search%20Results&AuthLastName=vassart&AuthFirstName=&AuthMiddleName=&AuthMailnstName=&CountryID=-1&DisciplineID=0&id=5448
- G. Vassart Curriculum Vitae http://www.ae-info.org/attach/User/Vassart_Gilbert/CV/vassart_gilbert_long_cv.pdf
- Gilbert Vassart (ULB)
|This article about a Belgian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|