Giles County Sheriff's Office (Virginia)
|Giles County Sheriff's Office|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||County (United States) of Giles County, Virginia in the state of Virginia, USA|
|Map of Giles County Sheriff's Office's jurisdiction.|
|Size||360 square miles (930 km2)|
|Legal jurisdiction||Giles County|
|Governing body||County (United States)|
|Agency executive||Morgan Millirons, Sheriff|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Giles County Sheriff's Office (GCSO) is the primary law enforcement agency servicing 17,286 people within 360 square miles (930 km2) of jurisdiction within Giles County, VA.
The agency is currently headed by Sheriff Morgan Millirons.
- Administrative Support Division: Responsible for all executive and personnel administrative functions. Members of this division also conduct all secretarial/clerical functions including correspondence, records management, accounting, personnel, and transcripts of interviews.
- Criminal Investigations Division: Responsible for investigating various crimes committed in the county including homicides, suicides, narcotics violations, burglaries, identity thefts, frauds, and other felony-level offenses.
- Patrol Division: Responsible for patrolling the county, answering complaints, and responding to crime scenes and crimes in progress. This division consists of school resource officers, D.A.R.E instructors, truancy officers, and animal control officers.
- Court & Civil Division: Responsible for the service of civil process, execution of various writs, and other duties dealing with the service of legal process.
- E-911 Communications Division: Provides dispatch services for all Sheriff's Office, local and state police, fire, rescue, and haz-mat services for Giles County.
Since the establishment of the Giles County Sheriff's Office, 1 officer has died in the line of duty.
|Officer||Date of Death||Details|
|Deputy Sheriff Bill Hugh Broadwell||