Giles Henry Rupert Tillotson (born 1960) is a writer and lecturer on Indian history and architecture. He was previously senior lecturer in South Asian Art in the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. He is also the former Director of the Royal Asiatic Society, London.
Some of his previous publications include:
- The Rajput Palaces: The Development of an Architectural Style, 1450-1750 (1987)
- The Tradition of Indian Architecture: Continuity, Change, and the Politics of Style since 1850 (1989)
- Mughal India(1991)
- Stones in the Sand: The Architecture of Rajasthan (2001).
- Mehrangarh: Jodhpur Fort & Palace Museum (2010).
- Paradigms of Indian Architecture (editor)