Giles Henry Rupert Tillotson (born 1960) is a writer and lecturer on Indian history and architecture. He was previously senior lecturer in South Asian Art in the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. He is also the former Director of the Royal Asiatic Society, London.
Some of his previous publications include:
- The Rajput Palaces: The Development of an Architectural Style, 1450-1750 (1987).
- The Tradition of Indian Architecture: Continuity, Controversy and Change since 1850 (1989).
- Mughal India (1990).
- Paradigms of Indian Architecture (editor, 1998).
- The Artificial Empire: The Indian Landscapes of William Hodges (2000).
- Stones in the Sand: The Architecture of Rajasthan (editor, 2001).
- Building Jaipur: The Making of an Indian City' (with Vibhuti Sachdev, 2002)
- Jaipur Nama: Tales from the Pink City (2006)
- James Tod's Rajasthan (editor, 2007)
- Jaipur City Palace (with Vibhuti Sachdev, 2008).
- Taj Mahal (2008)
- Return to Bhanupur (2012).
- Mehrangarh: Jodhpur Fort & Palace Museum (2010).
- A Passionate Eye: Textiles, Paintings and Sculptures from the Bharany Collection(editor, 2014).