|Born||19 August 1944(age 76)|
|Fields||cognitive science, linguistics|
|Institutions||UC San Diego|
Gilles Fauconnier (French pronunciation: [ʒil fokɔˈnje]) (born 19 August 1944) is a French linguist, researcher in cognitive science, and author, currently working in the U.S. He is a professor at the University of California, San Diego, in the Department of Cognitive Science.
His books include:
- The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities (with Mark Turner) (2003)
- Conceptual Integration Networks (1998) (with Mark Turner)
- Mappings in Thought and Language (1997)
- Mental spaces: Aspects of meaning construction in natural language (1994)
- Hugo Lundhaug (2010). Images of Rebirth: Cognitive Poetics and Transformational Grammar. Google Books. p. 30 (of 593 pages).
- Lawrence M. Zbikowski (2005). Conceptualizing Music: Cognitive Structure, Theory, and Analysis. Google Books. p. 78 (of 360 pages).
- "The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities". Google Books. 2013.
- "Mappings in Thought and Language - Gilles Fauconnier". Google Books. 2013.
|This article on a French linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|