|Born||19 August 1944|
|Died||3 February 2021(aged 76)|
|Doctoral advisor||S.Y. Kuroda|
|Discipline||cognitive science, linguistics|
|Institutions||UC San Diego|
Gilles Fauconnier (French pronunciation: [ʒil fokɔˈnje]) (19 August 1944 – 3 February 2021) was a French linguist, researcher in cognitive science, and author, who worked in the U.S. He was distinguished professor at the University of California, San Diego, in the Department of Cognitive Science.
His books include:
- The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities (with Mark Turner) (2003)
- Conceptual Integration Networks (with Mark Turner) (1998)
- Mappings in Thought and Language (1997)
- Mental Spaces: Aspects of Meaning Construction in Natural Language (1994)
- "Gilles FAUCONNIER avis de décès - San Diego, CA". Dignity Memorial.
- Hugo Lundhaug (2010). Images of Rebirth: Cognitive Poetics and Transformational Grammar. Google Books. p. 30 (of 593 pages).
- Lawrence M. Zbikowski (2005). Conceptualizing Music: Cognitive Structure, Theory, and Analysis. Google Books. p. 78 (of 360 pages).
- "The Way We Think: Conceptual Blending and the Mind's Hidden Complexities". Google Books. 2013.
- "Mappings in Thought and Language - Gilles Fauconnier". Google Books. 2013.