Gillian Barge, born Gillian Bargh, (27 May 1940 – 19 November 2003) was an English stage, television and film actress.
Gillian performed on the stage internationally, as well as in Britain where she has played all the major London theatres. Her stage roles included The Cherry Orchard (as Varya), Measure For Measure (Isabella) and The Winter's Tale (Paulina). In 2001 she was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award as Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Passion Play at the Donmar Warehouse.
In addition to her theatre work, Gillian Barge has numerous television appearances to her credit. These include guest appearances on episodes of Pie in the Sky (1996), Lovejoy (1994), Midsomer Murders (2002), One Foot in the Grave(1990), All Creatures Great and Small (1980), Van der Valk(1977) and Softly, Softly (1972). Her film credits include The National Health (1973).
Selected film and television roles
Film credits include:
- Love Actually (2003) - Cabinet Minister
- Charlotte Gray (2001) - Madame Galliot
- The National Health (1973)
Television credits include:
- Midsomer Murders (2002 episode: A Worm in the Bud) - Hannah Harrington
- The Jury (2002) - Eva Prohaska, Juror No.9
- Anna Karenina (2000) - Princess Shcherbatskya
- Peak Practice (1999 episode: The First Stone) - Grace Longfield
- The Ruth Rendell Mysteries - The Lake of Darkness (1999) (TV) - Mrs Urban
- Doomwatch: Winter Angel (1999) - Cheryl
- The Uninvited (1997) - Mary Madigan
- Miss Marple: They Do It with Mirrors (1991) - Mildred Strete
- Agatha Christie's Poirot - The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1990)- Emily Inglethorp
- A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia (1990) (TV) - Gertrude Bell
- King Lear (1982) - Goneril