This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Professor Gilly Salmon has been a digital learning innovator for more than 30 years. She is currently Academic Director for Open Education Services ( OES) in the UK. Previously , Professor of Innovation and Transformation, and Associate Dean, Online, at the University of Liverpool Management School.
She speaks, researches and publishes widely on the themes of innovation and change in higher education and the exploitation of new technologies of all kinds in the service of learning.
She is known for her contributions to online education, including research, innovation, programme design, teaching methods and the use of new technologies.
Previously, Salmon was Pro Vice chancellor at the University of Western Australia , Pro Vice Chancellor (Learning Transformations) at Swinburne University of Technology, in Melbourne, Australia ;Executive Director and Professor (Learning Futures) at the Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She was previously Professor of E-learning and Learning Technologies, and Head of the Beyond Distance Research Alliance and the Media Zoo, at the University of Leicester in the UK. And before that with the UK Open University Business School." (Salmon, 2013, para. 1–4). She was a founding director of All Things in Moderation Ltd, in 2001.
- Salmon, G. (2013). E-tivities: The key to active online learning (2nd ed.). London and New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. (2011). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Salmon, G. and Edirisingha, P. (Eds.) (2008). Podcasting for learning in universities. Berkshire: Open University Press. www.podcastingforlearning.com
- Salmon, G., Edirisingha, P., Mobbs, M., Mobbs, R., & Dennett, C. (2008). How to Create Podcasts for Education. Society for Research into Higher Education. . *Recently published as an iPhone app.
- Jaques, D., and Salmon, G. (2008). Learning in groups: A handbook for face-to-face and online environments (4th ed.). London and New York: Routledge. www.learningingroups.com
- Salmon, G. (2000& 2004). E-moderating: The key to teaching and learning online. London and New York: Taylor and Francis. www.e-moderating.com
- Salmon, G. (2002). E-tivities: The key to active online learning. London: Kogan Page. www.e-tivities.com
- Salmon, G. (2013). Gilly Salmon Website: About Professor Gilly Salmon. Retrieved 8 January 2013, from http://www.gillysalmon.com/about.html.