Gilmer Township, Adams County, Illinois
Location in Adams County
Adams County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.12 sq mi (96.1 km2)|
|• Land||37.06 sq mi (96.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||30.4/sq mi (11.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62301, 62320, 62325, 62338, 62347, 62359|
|GNIS feature ID||0429053|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.12 square miles (96.1 km2), of which 37.06 square miles (96.0 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.19%) is water.
- Columbus (west quarter)
The township contains five cemeteries: Evergreen, Mount Pleasant, Paloma, Saint Joseph and Stahl.
Airports and landing strips
- Camp Point Community Unit School District 3
- Community Unit School District 4
- Liberty Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Gilmer Township, Adams County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Mendon Township||Honey Creek Township||Camp Point Township|
|Ellington Township||Columbus Township|
|Melrose Township||Burton Township||Liberty Township|