Gilze en Rijen
|Gilze en Rijen|
Square in Gilze
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jan Boelhouwer (PvdA)|
|• Total||65.66 km2 (25.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||65.49 km2 (25.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.17 km2 (0.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||401/km2 (1,040/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Gilze en Rijen ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the southern Netherlands. The municipality contains four villages Rijen, Gilze, Hulten and Molenschot. It is home to the Gilze-Rijen Air Base.
Rijen grew in the 19th century due to its leather factories.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Gilze en Rijen, June 2015
Railway Station: Gilze-Rijen
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year-round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Gilze en Rijen has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
- "College van B en W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Gilze en Rijen. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5121JX". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- Climate Summary for Gilze en Rijen, Netherlands