Gilze en Rijen
|Gilze en Rijen|
Square in Gilze
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jan Boelhouwer (PvdA)|
|• Total||65.66 km2 (25.35 sq mi)|
|• Land||65.49 km2 (25.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.17 km2 (0.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||398/km2 (1,030/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Gilze en Rijen ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the southern Netherlands. The municipality contains four villages Rijen, Gilze, Hulten and Molenschot. It is home to the Gilze-Rijen Air Base.
Rijen grew in the 19th century due to its leather factories.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Gilze en Rijen, June 2015
Railway Station: Gilze-Rijen
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Gilze en Rijen has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
- "College van B en W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Gilze en Rijen. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5121JX". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Climate Summary for Gilze en Rijen, Netherlands