Gimhae International Airport
|Gimhae International Airport|
|Operator||Korea Airports Corporation, Republic of Korea Air Force|
|Location||Gangseo District, Busan, South Korea|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||6 ft / 2 m|
|Gimhae International Airport|
|Revised Romanization||Gimhae gukjegonghang|
Gimhae International Airport (Korean: 김해 국제공항 [kim.ɦɛ̝ɡuktɕ͈eɡoŋhaŋ]), commonly known as Gimhae Airport (IATA: PUS, ICAO: RKPK) (formerly Kimhae International Airport) is located on the western end of Busan, South Korea. The name "Gimhae" comes from the nearby city of Gimhae. It opened in 1976. A new international terminal opened on October 31, 2007. Gimhae International Airport is the main hub for Air Busan. Runway 18L/36R is used for military purposes only for Gimhae Air Base, but due to increasing traffic, there are plans to open the runway for airliners. In 2017, 16,403,541 passengers used the airport.
As the airport is now beyond its design capacity, the airport is embarking on a major expansion project to add a new runway and new terminal facilities. Construction is due to begin in 2021 for an estimated 2026 completion.
- 1 Airlines and destinations
- 2 Traffic and statistics
- 3 Ground transportation
- 4 Curfew
- 5 Incidents and accidents
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Airlines and destinations
Traffic and statistics
In 2017, the ten carriers with the largest percentage of passengers flying into, out of, or through Gimhae International Airport are as follows:
|Rank||Airport||Passengers 2017||Flight||Top carriers|
|1||Jeju||4,420,262||23,923||Air Busan, Asiana Airlines, Eastar Jet, Jeju Air, Jin Air, Korean Air|
|2||Seoul–Gimpo||2,741,550||21,353||Air Busan, Eastar Jet, Jeju Air, Korean Air|
|3||Seoul–Incheon||428,643||3,567||Air Busan, Asiana Airlines,Jeju Air, Korean Air|
Airport Limousine Bus
- Gimhae International Airport(From Airport to Busan Station) International Terminal - Domestic Terminal - Paik Hospital intersection - Gaya Homeplus mart - Gaya Hyudai apt - Seomyeon(Lotte Hotel Busan) - Seomyeon, Busan - Beomil(Hyundai dep. store) - Jin market - Busanjin Station (Busan Metro) - Busan Station - Toyoko inn Hotel - Jungang - Guangbokdong Lotte dep. store - Nampo - Jagalchi(Chungmudong)
- Gimhae International Airport(From Busan Station to Airport) Jagalchi(Chungmudong) - Nampo - Guangbokdong Lotte dep. store - Jungang - Yeongjudong - Busan Station - Busanjin Station (Busan Metro) - Beomil(Hyundai dep. store) -Seomyeon, Busan(Judies Taehwa) - Seomyeon(Lotte Hotel Busan) - Gaya Hyudai apt - Gaya Homeplus mart - Paik Hospital intersection - Airport(International Terminal)
- Gimhae International Airport(International Terminal) - Domestic Terminal - Namcheon(Namcheondong) - Gwangan(Gwangandong) - Suyeong(Suyeong Intersection) - Millak(Suyeong Hyudai apt) - Centum City(Centum hotel) - Bexco - Olympic intersection - Gyeongnam Marina apt - Hyundai park hiatt hotel - Hanhwa resort - Hyperion - Westin Chosun Hotel - Grand Hotel - Novotel Ambassador - Paradise Hotel - Mipo, moon-ten road - Remian Haeundae apt - Hyundai ipark apt - Jangsan - Haeundae Paik Hospital - Dongbu apartment - Daelim 1cha apt - Yangwoon high school - Yangwoon middle school - Yangwoon high school - Daedong apt - Dongbu apartment - Haeundae Paik Hospital - Jangsan Station - Hyundai ipark apt - Remian Haeundae apt - Mipo, moon-ten road - Novotel Ambassador - Paradise Hotel - Seacloud hotel - Grand Hotel - Westin Chosun Hotel - Hyperion - Hanhwa resort - Hyundai park hiatt hotel - Gyeongnam Marina apt - Olympic intersection - Homeplus mart - Centum City(Centum hotel) - Millak(Suyeong Hyudai apt) - Suyeong(Suyeong Intersection) - Gwangan(Gwangandong) - Namcheon(Namcheondong) - Airport(International Terminal, Departure) -
Domestic Terminal, Arrival The bus operates from 06:50 to 22:00, every 15~20minutes
- 1009 : Geumgok-dong ↔ Deokcheon Station ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Gimhae Airport ↔ Myeongji ↔ Noksan indus. complex ↔ Busan New Port ↔ Gadeok-do Sunchang The bus operates from 05:20 to 20:50, every 40minutes (Depart from Geumgok)
- 307 : Gimhae Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gupo Market ↔ Deokcheon Station ↔ Mandeok ↔ Dongnae ↔ Centum City(BEXCO) ↔ Haeundae The bus operates 05:15, from 06:15 to 23:20, every 15~20minutes
- Gangseo No. 11 : Ulman ↔ Gimhae Int'l Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Buk-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Deokcheon Station(Gupo Market)
- Gangseo No. 13 : Hadan ↔ Eulsukdo ↔ Myeongji ↔ Deokdu ↔ Gimhae Int'l Airport ↔ Gangseo-gu Office ↔ Buk-gu Office ↔ Gupo Station ↔ Gupo Market ↔ Deokcheon Station(Deokcheon JCT)
The curfew prevents aircraft from taking off or landing between the hours of 11 P.M. and 6 A.M.
Incidents and accidents
- On April 15, 2002, a Boeing 767-200ER jet, operating as Air China Flight 129 from Beijing to Busan, crashed into a hill while trying to land at Gimhae during inclement weather, killing 129 of the 166 people on board.
- Gimhae Air Base
- List of Korea-related topics
- Pusan East (K-9) Air Base
- Transportation in South Korea
- Airport information for RKPK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-20. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "김해국제공항 '하늘길 두 배로'". Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- Asiana Airlines begin service to Da Nang
- Lion Air adds Korea charters from Batam in Jan 2018
- "T'Way Air boosts Osaka flights in S17". routesonline. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Gimhae International Airport.|