|Full name||Ginés Meléndez Sotos|
|Date of birth||22 March 1950|
|Place of birth||Los Chospes, Robledo, Spain|
|1970–1971||Quintanar del Rey|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Ginés, stopped playing football with 21. He then studied as a coach, and began training the ranks at Albacete Balompié. He was for many years coordinator of Albacete in the youth system, as he combined with that of municipal councilor in Albacete. He was also a physical education teacher at a school in Albacete. In 1992 and 1994 coached a game in La Liga as caretaker manager. After years as coach and trainer of Albacete Balompié, in the 1997–98 season led the first team the last 5 round, getting the salvation of category.
After many years in Albacete Balompié got the call from Iñaki Sáez to join the technical staff of the youth ranks of the Spanish team. He has won numerous international competitions with the U17 and U19.
- "Meléndez aparca su tarea política para entrenar" [Melendez parks his political task to train] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 7 September 1994. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "El alucine manchego" [The Manchegan hallucinatory] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 21 December 1992. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "La esperanza se llama Ginés Meléndez" [The hope is called Ginés Meléndez] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 14 April 1998. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Ginés Meléndez habla del éxito" [Ginés Meléndez discusses the successes] (in Spanish). UEFA.com. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Ginés Meléndez manager profile at BDFutbol