Ginger Lynn Allen
December 14, 1962
|Other names||Ginger Lynn, Ginger Allen|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (157 cm)|
Ginger Lynn Allen (born December 14, 1962) is an American pornographic actress and model who was a premier adult-entertainment star of the 1980s. She also had minor roles in various B movies. AVN has ranked her at #7 in a list of the 50 greatest porn stars of all time. After ending her pornography career, she began using her full name, Ginger Lynn Allen, and found work in a variety of B-movies. She had a late-career return to the adult industry and made a brief series of movies. Allen is a member of AVN, NightMoves Adult Entertainment, and XRCO Halls of Fame.
During her four-decade career, Allen has done a variety of roles and jobs. These include actress/performer, director, writer, producer, and assistant director.
Born and raised in Rockford, Illinois, Ginger Lynn Allen moved to California in 1982 to become her grandfather's caregiver following his heart attack. After he died, she had her "first nice boyfriend" move in with her. Allen, the breadwinner of the two, felt obligated to find a lucrative occupation. When she answered an advertisement from the World Modeling Agency in September 1983, she immediately signed a contract with that agency and did pictorials for Cheri, Club, and Penthouse, which brought her to the attention of the adult entertainment industry.
Allen began as a nude model and then began performing in hardcore sex films as Ginger Lynn by December 1983. Her first pornographic movie role was in Surrender in Paradise, in which she starred with Jerry Butler. Allen's "girl next door" good looks led to a quick rise in her popularity and eventually she became one of the most popular female performers in adult-entertainment history. She had her own line of videos through Vivid Entertainment with the director Bruce Seven. Allen received the Best New Starlet award in 1985 and is an inductee to the X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) and Adult Video News (AVN) halls of fame. Allen signed a contract with Vivid Entertainment founder, Steven Hirsch, making her the first 'Vivid Girl' and beating out the then-underaged Traci Lords. She was later called to testify on Lords' behalf against porn producers; she refused, and according to her, was then targeted by the Internal Revenue Service for falsification of a tax return.
In February 1986, Allen left adult video in order to establish herself in mainstream films by using her full name. She appeared in several non-adult films, television shows and interactive movie segments of the Wing Commander computer games. She started her career in mainstream features with a small part in the western Young Guns II, which co-starred her future boyfriend Charlie Sheen's brother, Emilio Estevez.
In December 2005, she appeared in American Pie: Band Camp (2005) playing the supporting role of Nurse Sanders. In the same year, she portrayed Fanny in Rob Zombie's thriller film The Devil's Rejects and later starred as Cherry Bomb in Zombie's slasher film 31.
Allen returned to the adult-entertainment industry in 1999 for three movies: Torn (1999), White Lightning (2000), and New Wave Hookers 6 (2000). In March 2006, she became a host of Playboy Radio's Sirius Satellite Radio show, Night Calls Radio, with former adult-entertainment performer Christy Canyon. In June 2007, Allen performed for two of Kink.com's hardcore websites, Ultimate Surrender and Sex and Submission. In 2008, Allen appeared in the films Dirty Rotten Mother Fuckers with James Deen (24 years her junior) and Seasoned Players 4 with Tom Byron, then performed in more than a dozen hardcore releases in each of the next two years.
Allen had a relationship with Charlie Sheen from 1990 to 1992 and accompanied him through drug rehabilitation. Despite the claims that Sheen has been physically violent towards women, Lynn said she never saw the actor become abusive in the slightest. "Not one time did he raise his voice. No violence," she said. She also had a long-term relationship with Los Angeles radio personality Ralph Garman.
In a 2003 interview, she described herself as the "single mother of a five-year-old son."
In 1991, Lynn was charged with willfully submitting a false tax return in regard to the relatively small amount of $2,087.04. She was convicted, served four months and 17 days in federal prison, and spent most of her career earnings on legal fees.
- Beverly Hills Cox (1986)
- Trashy Lady (1985)
- Ten Little Maidens (1985) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Couples Sex Scene
- Project: Ginger (1985) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Actress – Video
- Girls on Fire (1985)
- New Wave Hookers (1985)
- Electric Blue 28 (1985)
- Kinky Business (1984) – AVN Awards 1985 Best Couple in a Sex Scene (with Tom Byron)
- Slumber Party (1984) – AVN Awards 1986 Best Couple in a Sex Scene (with Eric Edwards)
- The Pink Lagoon (1984)
- Surrender in Paradise (1984)
- Taboo 4 (1985) the younger generation
- Ginger Lynn: The Movie (1988) – AVN Awards 2006 Best Classic Release on DVD
- Taken (2001) – 2002 AVN Award for Best Actress
- Mainstream media
- Hollywood Boulevard II (1989)
- Cleo/Leo (1989)
- Satan's Storybook (1989)
- Vice Academy (1989)
- Dr. Alien (1989)
- Wild Man (1989)
- Young Guns II (1990)
- Buried Alive (1990)
- Vice Academy Part 2 (1990)
- Vice Academy Part 3 (1991)
- Whore (1991)
- Mind, Body & Soul (1992)
- Leather Jackets (1992)
- Bound & Gagged: A Love Story (1992)
- Trouble Bound (1993)
- The Stranger (1995)
- Ultimate Taboo (1995)
- God's Lonely Man (1996)
- The Last Late Night (1999)
- The Independent (2000)
- Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain (2003)
- Save Virgil (2004)
- American Pie Presents Band Camp (2005)
- The Devil's Rejects (2005)
- Kisses and Caroms (aka American Pool) (2006)
- National Lampoon's Van Wilder The Rise of Taj (2007)
- Super Force (1991)
- NYPD Blue (1993)
- Silk Stalkings (1994)
- Metallica (music video) – Turn the Page (1998)
- Skin (2003)
- The Dog Whisperer (2010)
- Dave's Old Porn (2012)
- Other media
- Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger, Wing Commander: Prophecy (computer games) as Chief Technician Rachel Coriolis
- Night Calls on Playboy Radio with Christy Canyon on Sirius Satellite Radio
- She has appeared in pictorials for Playboy, Cinema Blue, Chéri, High Society, Club International, and Celebrity Sleuth
- The Ginger Lynn Show on KSEX Radio in Los Angeles
- In the music video for Metallica's cover of "Turn the Page", she portrayed a stripper/prostitute traveling with her child.
- She provided a voice for the song "Ginger Snaps/Monkey Business" for Danger Danger's second album, Screw It!
She fictionally appears in Andrés Spinova's novel "Marilyn y un par de Ases".
- 1984 XRCO Starlet of the Year
- 1984 XRCO Video Vixen
- 1984 XRCO Female Performer of the Year
- 1985 AVN Best New Starlet
- 1985 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene – Film for Kinky Business (with Tom Byron)
- 1985 XRCO Best Group Grope Scene for New Wave Hookers (with Steve Powers and Tom Byron)
- 1986 AVN Best Actress – Video for Project: Ginger
- 1986 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene – Video for Slumber Party (with Eric Edwards)
- 2000 XRCO Best Girl-Girl Scene for Torn (with Chloe)
- 2002 AVN Best Actress – Film for Taken
- AVN Hall of Fame
- 1995 XRCO Hall of Fame
- 2007 NightMoves Adult Entertainment Hall of Fame
- "AVN: The 50 Top Porn Stars of All Time". Archived from the original on September 30, 2007. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- "Ginger Lynn". IMDb.com. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Alilunas, Peter (2016). Smutty Little Movies: The Creation and Regulation of Adult Video. University of California Press. pp. 121, 122.
- Gaffin, Harris (1997). Hollywood blue: the tinseltown pornographers. Batsford. p. 21. ISBN 071347906X.
- Collins, Scott (March 8, 2011). "Ginger Lynn shares her past with Charlie Sheen". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
It didn't help that in 1991, Lynn was convicted in a federal tax-evasion case (she ended up serving four and a half months in prison)
- "E! True Hollywood Story Ginger Lynn (11 Aug. 2002) TV Episode – 120 min – Documentary, biography, Crime". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "E! True Hollywood Story: Season 14, Episode 6 Charlie Sheen (11 Aug. 2010) TV Episode – 60 min – Documentary, Biography, Crime". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Ginger Lynn Explodes Her Cherry Bomb for Rob Zombie in 31". Dread Central. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Meet Rob Zombie’s “Cherry Bomb” In His Slasher ’31′
- "Ginger Lynn Shooting Comeback for Kink.com" by Tod Hunter, Xbiz.com, July 3, 2007.
- Ginger Lynn at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Collins, Scott (March 7, 2011). "Former porn star Ginger Lynn breaks her silence on ex-boyfriend Charlie Sheen". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Ralph Garman: World's Greatest Lover" Archived January 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine, interview by Justin Harvey, ThePhatPhree. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "GINGER LYNN SHOWS SOME SKIN The Skin-y on Ginger
- "Lynn, Ginger Allen". s9.com. Archived from the original on April 9, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "The Actress, the Producer and Their Porn Revolution". January 6, 2002. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- MayorDefacto. "Transcript of the video A Night of Legends: First Annual XRCO Adult Film Awards". Retrieved August 9, 2008.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Archived from the original on December 5, 2013. Retrieved November 29, 2007.
- "Winners of XRCO Awards 1986". Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "XRCO past winners". Archived from the original on October 7, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on February 5, 2012. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- Peter Warren (October 11, 2007). "2007 NightMoves Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ginger Lynn.|