D'Acampo in March 2012
July 1976 (age 42)
Torre del Greco, Naples, Italy
|Occupation||Celebrity chef, television personality|
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Let's Do Lunch
Gino's Italian Escape
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Stellina Morrison (m. 2001)|
Gennaro "Gino" Sheffield D'Acampo (born July 1976) is an Italian celebrity chef and media personality based in the United Kingdom, best known for his food-focused television shows and cookbooks.
D'Acampo co-owns Bontà Italia Ltd, a supplier of Italian ingredients and has a career in the development of ready meals, beginning with the Tesco Finest range. This experience led to his first engagement as a guest on Great Food Live on UKTV Food and the start of his television career.
In 2009, D'Acampo was crowned King of the Jungle after appearing in the ninth series of I'm a Celebrity… Get Me out of Here!. After the show, D'Acampo and fellow contestant Stuart Manning were charged by the Australian police with animal cruelty for killing and cooking a rat on the show. However, the charges were later dropped after ITV accepted responsibility for the incident.
From 2011 until 2014, D'Acampo and Melanie Sykes presented the daytime cookery programme Let's Do Lunch With Gino and Mel. The show aired for four series as well as three Christmas series from 2012 until 2014. D'Acampo hosts a Sunday afternoon cookery and discussion show on LBC 97.3. In 2011, D'Acampo presented the daytime cookery series There's No Taste Like Home for thirty episodes.
In 2013, D'Acampo's launched a chain of restaurants called My Pasta Bar. There are currently five restaurants open to the public. His first Pasta Bar opened on Fleet Street in July 2013. There are also restaurants in Leadenhall Market, Bishopsgate, Euston railway station and The Manchester Corn Exchange
In autumn 2014, D'Acampo filled in as a team captain for Holly Willoughby on the ITV2 panel show Celebrity Juice, while she went on maternity leave. Gino also appeared in the following series in Spring 2015, this time as a regular panellist. D'Acampo returned to Celebrity Juice in September 2015 where he replaced Fearne Cotton as team captain whilst she was on maternity leave.
In May 2018, it was confirmed that Channel 5 had picked up Win Your Wish List for its Saturday night schedule, with Gino as host. It will now be called Gino's Win Your Wish List. The revival will be produced by Stellify Media.
D'Acampo stays true to simple Italian cuisine and often returns to the Luigi de Medici College to give talks to students and do live demonstrations. He is a member of the Federazione Italiana Cuochi and the Associazione Professionale Cuochi Italiani. D'Acampo was involved in the Gala Dinner for Luciano Pavarotti in 2002 and a private party for the Italian Ambassador.
- Fantastico! (2007)
- Buonissimo! (2008)
- The Italian Diet (2010)
- Gino's Pasta (2011)
- Italian Home Baking (2011)
- Gino's Italian Escape (2013)
- Gino's Italian Escape: A Taste of the Sun (2014)
- Gino's Veg Italia! 100 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes (2015)
- Gino's Italian Escape: Islands in the Sun (2015)
- Gino's Hidden Italy (2016)
- Gino's Healthy Italian for Less (2017)
- Gino's Italian Coastal Escape (2017)
D'Acampo lives with his wife Jessica whom he married in 2002. The couple have three children together.
|2004–2005||Too Many Cooks||Judge||2 series|
|2007||Soapstar Superchef||Judge||1 series|
|2009||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant||Series 9 winner|
|2009—||This Morning||Regular chef|
|2011||There's No Taste Like Home||Presenter||1 series|
|2011–2014||Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel||Co-presenter||4 series|
|2012–2014||Let's Do Christmas with Gino & Mel||Co-presenter||3 series|
|2013—||Gino's Italian Escape||Presenter||5 series|
|2014—||Celebrity Juice||Regular panellist/team captain|
|2015||Keith Lemon's Back T'Future Tribute||Doctor Emmett Brown||One-off special|
|2017||Gordon, Gino and Fred's Great Christmas Roast||Cook||One-off special|
|2018||Gino's Win Your Wish List||Presenter|
- Find out more about Gino D'Acampo Archived 24 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine.. lbc.co.uk
- "Gino D'Acampo changes his middle name to Sheffield". OK!. 9 April 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Gennaro D'ACAMPO - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- Aislinn Laing (8 February 2010). "ITV fined £1,600 for animal cruelty over I'm a Celebrity rat stunt". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Gino D'Acampo – Eating Italian". iTunes Store. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Roast turkey and all the trimmings! itv.com. 19 December 2014
- There's No Taste Like Home. ukgameshows.com
- "Gino D'Acampo's My Pasta Bar expansion plans on target". BigHospitality.co.uk.
- Emma Flanagan (25 August 2015). "Gino D'Acampo announces new restaurant to open in Corn Exchange this year". men.
- Gino's Italian Escape. itv.com
- Meg Drewett (12 June 2013). "Gino D'Acampo lands primetime TV series, book deal". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Gino D’Acampo to join the Celebrity Juice panel. itv.com. 16 September 2014
- "Gino's Italian Escape - The Live Tour".
- "Channel 5 adds Stellify to new Wish List". c21Media.net. 15 May 2018.
- "The book".
- "Gino's Veg Italia!: 100 quick and easy vegetarian recipes: Amazon.co.uk: Gino D'Acampo: 9781444795196: Books".
- Emily Fox (5 December 2009) GINO D'ACAMPO IS CROWNED KING OF I'M A CELEBRITY. Daily Express
- "Invite me to dinner and I'll let you off burgling my home, Paul Young". standard.co.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Interview: Gino D'Acampo". The Leeds Guide. Archived from the original on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
| I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!