D'Acampo in March 2012
Torre del Greco, Naples, Italy
|Occupation||Celebrity chef, television personality|
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Let's Do Lunch
Let's Do Christmas
There's No Taste Like Home
Gino's Italian Escape
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Stellina Morrison (m. 2001)|
D'Acampo rose to fame as a regular chef on the ITV show This Morning. He has since presented cookery programmes including Let's Do Lunch (2011–2014), There's No Taste Like Home (2011) and Gino's Italian Escape (2013–present).
D'Acampo co-owns Bontà Italia Ltd, a supplier of Italian ingredients and has a career in the development of ready meals, beginning with the Tesco Finest range. This experience led to his first engagement as a guest on Great Food Live on UKTV Food and the start of his television career.
In 2009, D'Acampo was crowned King of the Jungle after appearing in the ninth series of I'm a Celebrity… Get Me out of Here!. After the show, D'Acampo and fellow contestant Stuart Manning were charged by the Australian police with animal cruelty for killing and cooking a rat on the show. However, the charges were later dropped after ITV accepted responsibility for the incident.
From 2011 until 2014, D'Acampo and Melanie Sykes presented the daytime cookery programme Let's Do Lunch With Gino and Mel. The show aired for four series as well as three Christmas series from 2012 until 2014. D'Acampo hosts a Sunday afternoon cookery and discussion show on LBC 97.3.
In 2013, D'Acampo's launched a chain of restaurants called My Pasta Bar. There are currently five restaurants open to the public. His first Pasta Bar opened on Fleet Street in July 2013. There are also restaurants in Leadenhall Market, Bishopsgate, Euston railway station and The Manchester Corn Exchange
In Autumn 2014, D'Acampo filled in as a team captain for Holly Willoughby on the ITV2 panel show Celebrity Juice, while she went on maternity leave. Gino also appeared in the following series in Spring 2015, this time as a regular panellist. D'Acampo returned to Celebrity Juice in September 2015 where he replaced Fearne Cotton as team captain whilst she is on maternity leave.
D'Acampo stays true to simple Italian cuisine and often returns to the Luigi de Medici College to give talks to students and do live demonstrations. He is a member of the Federazione Italiana Cuochi and the Associazione Professionale Cuochi Italiani. D'Acampo was involved in the Gala Dinner for Luciano Pavarotti in 2002 and a private party for the Italian Ambassador.
Guinness World Records
- On 2 September 2011, D'Acampo broke the Guinness World Record for "The most ravioli made in two minutes" making 22. This record was later broken by Italian chef Gennaro Contaldo. On 25 July 2013, D'Acampo re-attempted the record and made 32.
- On 10 August 2012, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "The most chocolate truffles made in two minutes".
- On 31 August 2012, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "Running across custard for the longest time".
- On 15 December 2013, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record for "The most bottles of champagne opened in one minute". He managed to open 7 bottles, breaking the previous record of 6 in a minute. This was broken in 2014
- On 15 December 2013, while appearing on Through the Keyhole, D'Acampo broke the Guinness World Record for "The most Christmas crackers broken in one minute by a team of two" with Keith Lemon.
- On 24 December 2013, D'Acampo set the new Guinness World Record with Melanie Sykes for "The most jumpers put on in one minute" by managing to put on 11 jumpers in one minute to set a new record.
- Fantastico! (2007)
- Buonissimo! (2008)
- The Italian Diet (2010)
- Gino's Pasta (2011)
- Italian Home Baking (2011)
- Gino's Italian Escape (2013)
- Gino's Italian Escape: A Taste of the Sun (2014)
- Gino's Veg Italia! 100 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes (2015)
- Gino's Italian Escape: Islands in the Sun (2015)
- Gino's Hidden Italy (2016)
- Gino's Healthy Italian for Less (2017)
D'Acampo lives with his wife Jessica whom he married in 2002.
|2004–2005||Too Many Cooks||Judge||2 series|
|2007||Soapstar Superchef||Judge||1 series|
|2009||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant||Series 9 winner|
|2009—||This Morning||Regular chef|
|2011||There's No Taste Like Home||Presenter||1 series|
|2011–2014||Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel||Co-presenter||4 series|
|2012–2014||Let's Do Christmas with Gino & Mel||Co-presenter||3 series|
|2013—||Gino's Italian Escape||Presenter||4 series|
|2014—||Celebrity Juice||Regular panellist/team captain|
|2015||Keith Lemon's Back T'Future Tribute||Doctor Emmett Brown||One-off special|
- Guest appearances
- The Terry and Gaby Show (2004)
- The Paul O'Grady Show (15 December 2009)
- Celebrity Juice (29 April 7 October 2010, 17 February 10 March, 10 November 2011, 8 March 4 October 2012, 19 September 2013, 1 May 2014)
- Odd One In (4 September 2010)
- Countdown (2010)
- Richard Bacon's Beer & Pizza Club (27 October 2010)
- All Star Family Fortunes (30 October 2010)
- Celebrity Grimefighters (16 September 2010)
- The Wright Stuff (14 February 2011, 18 April 2014)
- Michael Bublé: Home for Christmas (18 December 2011)
- Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (2013, 2016)
- The Jonathan Ross Show (16 February 2013)
- Surprise Surprise (29 September 2013)
- Through the Keyhole (15 December 2013, 29 August 2015)
- Weekend at Christmas (28 December 2014)
- Stella (10 April 2015)
- Celebrity Squares (19 April 2015)
- Countrywise (25 November 2016)
- Lip Sync Battle UK (27 January 2017)
|2012||Keith Lemon: The Film||Guest role|
- Find out more about Gino D'Acampo. lbc.co.uk
- "Gino D'Acampo changes his middle name to Sheffield". OK!. 9 April 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- Aislinn Laing (8 February 2010). "ITV fined £1,600 for animal cruelty over I'm a Celebrity rat stunt". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Gino D'Acampo – Eating Italian". iTunes Store. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Roast turkey and all the trimmings! itv.com. 19 December 2014
- There's No Taste Like Home. ukgameshows.com
- "Gino D'Acampo - My Pasta Bar".
- "Gino D'Acampo's My Pasta Bar expansion plans on target". BigHospitality.co.uk.
- Emma Flanagan (25 August 2015). "Gino D'Acampo announces new restaurant to open in Corn Exchange this year". men.
- Gino's Italian Escape. itv.com
- Meg Drewett (12 June 2013). "Gino D'Acampo lands primetime TV series, book deal". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Gino D’Acampo to join the Celebrity Juice panel. itv.com. 16 September 2014
- "Gino's Italian Escape - The Live Tour".
- "The book".
- "Gino's Veg Italia!: 100 quick and easy vegetarian recipes: Amazon.co.uk: Gino D'Acampo: 9781444795196: Books".
- Emily Fox (5 December 2009) GINO D'ACAMPO IS CROWNED KING OF I'M A CELEBRITY. Daily Express
- "Interview: Gino D'Acampo". The Leeds Guide. Archived from the original on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "I'm A Celebrity star Gino D'Acampo spent two years in prison for burgling Paul Young's house". Daily Mail. London.
|I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!