Giochi per il mio computer
|Former editors||Andrea Minini Saldini|
|First issue||May 1997|
|Company||Sprea Media Italy|
Giochi per il mio computer (Italian: Games for my PC), also known by the acronym GMC, was an Italian magazine about computer video games and every thing concerns this topic. In Italy it represented the leading magazine in its field and frequently sold more than 100,000 copies.
The internal structure, which is still unchanged, is divided in eight sections:
- editorial, which concerns general video games world's topics
- column of readers' letters
- previews of the most expected games
- general reviews
- hardware section, including a column dedicated to solve readers' problems
- the so-called "next level", a section dedicated to mods, free games and bargains in general
- guide for the complete game, sold with the magazine monthly
- closing credits
In past years GMC has had frequent changes in its publisher: when first created, it was published by Il mio castello editore, in Autumn 2000 it was passed to a division of Future Publishing, Future Media Italy (with many other editions) and finally since March 2007, it has been published by the Italian publishing house Sprea Media Italy.
Deus Ex leak
The magazine was involved in the leak of a preview copy of the new Deus Ex game, but was later found to have no responsibility.
List of numbers