||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
Giorgio Albertazzi (born 20 August 1923) is an Italian actor and film director.
Born in San Martino a Mensola Albertazzi joined the Italian Social Republic and reached the rank of lieutenant. After their defeat, he spent two years in prison for collaborating. After the amnesty by Palmiro Togliatti he changed from studying architecture to acting.
In the theater Albertazzi debuted in Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida, and played in the following decades in a number of classics, many of them for television. From the early 1950s he was also seen on the big screen – he played in more than 50 films. Since 1969, he directed several television films, including the miniseries George Sand in 1981. Since 2003 he has been director of the Teatro di Roma.
He had a close friendship with fellow actress Anna Proclemer who appeared with him for many years. In 2007 he married his long-standing partner Pia de Tolomei.
In 1988 he wrote his memoirs.
|1961||Last Year at Marienbad|
|1999||Li chiamarono... briganti!|
- 1961 – D'Annunzio – Brani scelti da la figlia di Jorio (La voce del padrone, QELP 8045, LP) with Anna Proclemer
- 1963 – Eliot – La terra desolata (Stereoletteraria, SPM 103, LP)
- 1974 – La solitudine (Cetra, LP) with Vittorio Gassman
- Dante – Inferno (Sansoni Accademia Editori, SLI 03, LP) with Tino Buzzelli, Tino Carraro, Ottavio Fanfani, Davide Montemurri
- Dante – La divina commedia – Paradiso (Nuova Accademia Del Disco, BLI 2005, LP) with Ernesto Calindri, Tino Carraro, Anna Proclemer, Ottavio Fanfani
- Eluard (LP) with Gerard Philipe
- Leopardi – Canti (Cetra, CLC 0829, LP) with Arnoldo Foà, Vittorio Gassman, Alberto Lupo
- Neruda – 20 poesie d'amore e una canzone disperata (SPM 101, LP)
- Pasternak – Poesie (SPM 102, LP)
- 1955 – Petrarca (Cetra – Collana Letteraria Documento, CL 0418, EP 7")
- 1957 – Solitudine (Cetra – Collana Letteraria Documento, CL 0434, EP 7")
- 1961 – Lettere d'amore (Cetra – Collana Letteraria Documento, CL 0477, EP 7")
- 1965 – Discorso della montagna (Cetra – Collana Letteraria Documento, CL 0419, EP 7")
- 1969 – Questa cosa che chiamiamo mondo/Tema di Linda (Carosello, CL 20222, 7") from the television series Jekyll
- 1969 – Ti amo... ed io di più/Sospendi il tempo (Boradway International, 7") with Anna Proclemer
- 1970 – Miraggio d'estate/Miraggio d'estate (Carosello, 7") with Penny Brown
- I fioretti di S. Francesco (Istituto Internazionale Del Disco, SIL 4001, EP 7") with Antonio Baldini
- Giorgio Sacchetti – Tre novelle lette da Giorgio Albertazzi (Istituto Internazionale Del Disco, SIL 4096, EP 7")
- Neruda, Barcarola e altre poesie (Nuova Accademia Disco, DP 6008, EP)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giorgio Albertazzi.|