Giornale di Sicilia
|Type||National daily newspaper|
|Owner(s)||Giornale di Sicilia Editoriale Poligrafica|
History and profile
Giornale di Sicilia was founded in 1860, immediately following the Expedition of the Thousand headed by Giuseppe Garibaldi; it was first published on 7 June of that year under the name "Giornale Officiale di Sicilia" with Girolamo Ardizzone as its first editor-in-chief.
It is published in ten different local versions, one for each province of Sicily plus another one for the city of Palermo.
- Chris Peters; M. J. Broersma (2013). Rethinking Journalism: Trust and Participation in a Transformed News Landscape. Routledge. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-415-69701-9. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Data for average readers in 2006 from "Audipress"
- Linda Reeder (2003). Widows in White: Migration and the Transformation of Rural Italian Women, Sicily, 1880-1920. University of Toronto Press. p. 216. ISBN 978-0-8020-8525-2. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "European Publishing Monitor. Italy" (PDF). Turku School of Economics and KEA. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Data for average newspaper circulation in 2008 Accertamenti Diffusione Stampa
- (Italian) Official website