Giovanna Trillini in 2015
|Born||17 May 1970|
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lb)|
|Club||G.S. Forestale/CS Jesi|
Giovanna Trillini (born 17 May 1970 in Iesi) is an Italian foil fencer. She is a 4-time Olympic champion (3 times in the team event, 1 time individual) and she won an additional silver and two bronze medals in individual Olympic competitions.
She has two brothers, Ezio and Roberto, who were both fencers. In 2001, she got her degree in Sport Science at the University of Urbino.
Trillini won the bronze medal at the foil 2006 World Fencing Championships after she lost 15-8 to Margherita Granbassi in the semi final. Later in the tournament she also won a silver in the team's foil event together with her teammates Elisa Di Francisca, Margherita Granbassi and Valentina Vezzali.
- Foil individual (1992) and Foil team (1992, 1996, 2000)
- Foil individual (2004)
- Foil individual (1996, 2000) and Foil team (2008)
- Foil individual (1991, 1997) and Foil team (1990, 1991, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004)
- Foil individual (1990, 1995) and Foil team (1986, 1994, 2006)
- Foil individual (1989, 1998, 2006, 2007) and Foil team (1987)
Honours and awards
- Italian sportswomen multiple medalists at Olympics and World Championships
- Italy national fencing team - Multiple medallist
- "Olympics Statistics: Giovanna Trillini". databaseolympics.com. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "Giovanna Trillini". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 30 January 2012. Retrieved 2011-12-26.
- "La Biografia" [Biography]. Giovanna Trillini Official Web site (in Italian). Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "UN FIOCCO ROSA TRA LE MEDAGLIE D'ORO". Giovanna Trillini Official Web site (in Italian). Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "SCHERMA, GIOVANNA TRILLINI MAMMA: E' NATA CLAUDIA" [Fencing, Giovanna Trillini is a mom]. La Repubblica (in Italian). 13 September 2005. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "GIOVANNA TRILLINI E' DIVENTATA MAMMA: E' NATA CLAUDIA" [Giovanna Trillini is a mom]. Federazione Italiana Scherma (in Italian). Archived from the original on 30 September 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Scherma: nato figlio Trillini" [Fencing, born Trillini's son]. Tuttosport (in Italian). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Vito Graffeo (1 August 2009). "La Trillini è mamma" [Trillini is a mom]. Sportlive (in Italian). Retrieved 30 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giovanna Trillini.|
- Giovanna Trillini at the International Olympic Committee
- Giovanna Trillini at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Giovanna Trillini at Eurofencing.info
- Giovanna Trillini at FIE
- Official website ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)
- Profile at federscherma.it ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)
| Italian Sportswoman of the Year
| Flag bearer for Italy