Giovanni Bisignani (born 1946) is an Italian businessman, who was Director General and Chief Executive Officer of the International Air Transport Association from 2002 to 2011.
Bisignani has managerial and business advisory experience, mostly in the transportation field, including:
- ENI, a European energy company
- Istituto per la Ricostruzione Industriale, an Italian industrial group
- Tirrenia di Navigazione, Italy's largest ferry company (President)
- SM Logistics, a group of companies involved in logistics and freight forwarding (CEO)
- Alitalia, Italy's largest airline company (CEO and Managing Director)
- IATA's Board of Governors (member)
- Association of European Airlines (Chairman)
- Pratt & Whitney Advisory Board (member)
- National Air Traffic Services Advisory Board (member).
During his time at the IATA, Bisignani published Shaking the Skies, a book covering his experience there, focussing on leadership issues, governance and the role of executives in executing a strategic vision for their industry 
Since 2002, Bisignani has led a number of initiatives reshaping air transport:
- Safety: the IATA Operational Safety Audit is an internationally recognized and accepted evaluation system designed to assess the operational management and control systems of an airline.
- Environment: while air transport’s contribution to climate change is limited to 2% of global carbon emissions  Bisignani is driving the industry to achieve carbon neutral growth by 2020 and to cut aviation’s carbon emissions by half in 2050. www.iata.org/environment
- Simplifying the Business (Stb): Bisignani initiated this program using technology to improve customer convenience and reduce costs in 2004. In 2008, 100% e-ticketing was achieved throughout the industry. The StB project is now targeting industry savings of $17 billion with initiatives ranging from bar coded boarding passes to Fast Travel, Baggage Improvement Program and e-freight.
Born in Rome in 1946, Bisignani speaks Italian, English, and Spanish. He is married with one daughter and enjoys golf, tennis and riding.
- Honorary Doctorate from Cranfield University, UK in 2008, for his work in the air transport industry.
- L. Welch Pogue Award for Lifetime Achievement in Aviation, 2011.
- ATW's 2012 Airline Industry - Decade of Excellence Award
- Desperate Times, Aviation Week & Space Technology, 170, 10 (9 March 2009), p. 51
- Bisignani, Giovanni. Shaking the Skies. 1st U.K. ed. London: Gold Mercury International and LID Publishing, 2013. ISBN 978-1907794360
- http://www.iata.org/stb www.iata.org/stb